|Stevie Brown rehab update
Safety Stevie Brown missed all of the 2013 regular season with a torn ACL...
Rolle named to AP Team
Antrel Rolle was named to the AP All-Pro 2nd Team...
Eli Manning's Top-33 Games
Giants.com looks at the best games from 33-year-old Eli Manning...
View Paul Dottino's 2013 Standouts
That Giants-Cowboys game also landed at No. 6 on the list of most-watched TV shows since Labor Day, of which NFL games accounted for 34 of the top 35. The only non-NFL program to make the cut was NBC’s Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade, which came in at No. 22.
The Giants’ games against the Broncos (No. 16) and at the Cowboys (No. 20), Lions (No. 29), and Panthers (No. 32) also made the top 35.
Following are the top 10 most-watched television programs this fall:
1. CBS Thanksgiving Day Game (Raiders-Cowboys), 11/28 31.7 million
2. FOX Sunday National (mostly Packers-49ers), 9/8 28.5 million
3. FOX Thanksgiving Day Game (Packers-Lions), 11/28 28.3 million
4. CBS Sunday National (mostly Broncos-Cowboys), 10/6 28.3 million
5. CBS Sunday National (mostly Broncos-Chiefs), 12/1 28.1 million
6. FOX Sunday National (Cowboys-Giants), 11/24 27.9 million
7. FOX Sunday National (Packers-Cowboys), 12/15 27.8 million
8. FOX Sunday National (Seahawks-49ers), 12/8 27.6 million
9. NBC Sunday Night Football (Eagles-Cowboys), 12/29 27.4 million
10. FOX Sunday National (mostly Eagles-Broncos), 9/29 27.0 million
Source: NFL & The Nielsen Company
Other 2013 NFL TV highlights:
NBC Sunday Night Football ranked as the most-watched primetime program for the fourth consecutive fall season averaging 21.7million viewers. The Week 17 SNF game (Eagles-Cowboys) was the most-watched primetime game of the season with an average of 27.4 million viewers. For the past two years, Sunday Night Football ranked as the most watched television show for the full fall-spring TV season, becoming the first sports series to ever hold that position.
- FOX had its most-viewed season ever with an average of 21.1 million viewers per game.
- CBS’ Thanksgiving Day Game (Oakland Raiders-Dallas Cowboys) was the most-watched show of the fall season with 31.7 million viewers.
- NFL games accounted for 46 of the 50 most-watched telecasts (since Sept. 5) among adults aged 18-49 – with CBS, FOX, ESPN and NBC each represented on that list.
- ESPN’s Monday Night Football was the most-watched series on cable for the eighth consecutive year with an average of 13.7 million viewers.
- NFL Network wrapped up its eighth season of Thursday Night Football with a record average of 8.1 million viewers (including the audience from over-the-air stations in local markets) and ranked as the most-watched Thursday program on cable last fall.