- Originally a seventh-round (253rd pick overall) draft choice by the Giants in 2013.
- As a rookie in 2013, Cox played in 14 games with 1 start, rushing 22 times for 43 yards and three catches for 12 yards. He also led the team last season with 20 kickoff returns for 436 yards (21.8-yard avg.), with a long runback of 56 yards.
- In five preseason games this year, Cox had 31 carries for 75 yards and a touchdown.
WR Julian Talley, 6-1, 192 lbs.
- Originally signed as a rookie free agent by the Giants on May 11, 2012 but waived before the season, Talley re-joined the team in 2013 and spent the majority of the year on the practice squad. He was elevated to the active roster for the final two weeks of last season.
Talley caught five passes for 38 yards in five preseason games this summer.
- At UMass, Talley played in 45 games and caught 162 passes for 2,090 yards (12.9-yard average) and 11 touchdowns with a long catch of 55 yards. He was also a college teammate of Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz.
DE Jordan Stanton, 6-4, 263 lbs.
- Originally signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by the Giants on May 13, 2014.
- Played in 45 games with 28 starts at James Madison, recording 131 career tackles (56 solo), 22 tackles for losses, and 13.5 sacks. In 2013, Stanton started all 12 games and was selected first-team All-CAA.
- Stanton played in all five of the Giants’ preseason games, notching five solo tackles, two sacks, and two forced fumbles.
DB Bennett Jackson, 6-0, 192 lbs.
- Originally a sixth-round (187th pick overall) draft choice by the Giants in 2014.
- Jackson played in 52 games at Notre Dame, starting his last 26 contests at boundary cornerback and recording 158 tackles (107 solo) with 7.5 stops for losses.
- In four preseason games with the Giants, Jackson had eight tackles and a pass defended.
LB Dan Fox, 6-3, 233 lbs.
Originally signed as an undrafted free agent by the Giants on May 13, 2014.
- In four seasons at Notre Dame, Fox played in 52 games with 32 starts, totaling 226 tackles (104 solo), three sacks, and two interceptions. In 2013, Fox played in 13 games with 10 starts at inside linebacker and led Notre Dame with 95 tackles (44 solo) and added two interceptions and a sack.
- In five preseason games with the Giants, Fox had five tackles and a pass defended.
OT Nick Becton, 6-6, 323 lbs.
As an undrafted rookie free agent out of Virginia Tech in 2013, Becton split time last season between the Chargers’ practice squad and their active roster.
- Becton made his NFL debut in San Diego’s fifth game of the 2013 season in Oakland. It is the only regular-season game Becton has played in his career. Becton played in three preseason games this year for the Chargers.
- At Virginia Tech, Becton played in 45 career games after redshirting in 2008.
DB Chandler Fenner, 6-0, 200 lbs.
- Fenner spent the 2013 season on the defending Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks’ injured reserve list with a knee injury.
- He was originally signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by the Kansas City Chiefs in 2012 before being waived in final cut-down to the 53-man roster.
- Fenner played in 44 games at Holy Cross, totaling 158 career tackles. He was also a member of the school’s track and field team.
- Originally a sixth-round (178th overall) draft choice by the Buffalo Bills in 2012, Asper has played for four teams in his NFL career (Bill, Jaguars, Vikings, and Giants).
- Asper has played in seven career games, six of which were last season in Buffalo (the other one was with Jacksonville in 2012).
- In 2011 at Oregon, Asper was All-Pac-12 honorable mention and the recipient of the Ed Moshofsky Trophy as the team’s outstanding offensive lineman. He was part of an offensive unit that ranked third in the nation in scoring, fifth in rushing and sixth in total offense. He also led all offensive linemen with a 500-pound squat during winter conditioning.
- Originally an undrafted rookie out of Southern Connecticut State in 2013, Cunningham spent time with the Saints and Cardinals during their rookie minicamps before joining the Giants on Aug. 5 in the middle of training camp. He was waived on Aug. 26 in the Giants’ first round of cuts down to 75 players.
- In four years at Southern Connecticut State University from 2009-12, the Waterbury (Conn.) native caught 61 passes for 690 yards (11.3-yard average) and seven touchdowns.
- Coach Tom Coughlin had this to say about Cunningham’s performance back on Aug. 24: “He stood out to me on the practice field. He is young, he’s green, he has great energy, stamina and looks like he can run. He does have very good timed speed. We timed him when he came in but he has a lot to learn. He hasn’t disappointed, not at all.”
DT Dominique Hamilton, 6-5, 334 lbs.
- Originally signing with the Oakland Raiders as an undrafted free agent on May 4, 2012, he was released by the team before the start of the season. He then spent time on the Washington Redskins’ practice squad and was part of the Kansas City Chiefs’ training camp this year but was waived during final cut-downs to the 53-man roster.
- In four preseason games with the Chiefs, Hamilton had five tackles, including three in the finale against the Green Bay Packers. He has yet to appear in a regular-season game.
- Hamilton, a Texas native, played collegiately at Missouri, where he appeared in 46 games with 32 starts, notching 140 tackles (60 solo), 6.5 tackles for loss, 5.5 sacks and one forced fumble. As a senior in 2011, he started all 13 games and ranked third on team with three sacks, leading to All-Big-12 honors by the conference media.
>> GIANTS ANNOUNCE 53-MAN ROSTER