Next Stop.... Hawaii!! It's an extreme pleasure and honor to go represent my team in this Probowl.… http://t.co/XW2JeDZ7uH— Antrel Rolle (@antrelrolle26) January 22, 2014
Conference pride will wait a week. The rosters for the new-look Pro Bowl are in.
As Big Blue’s lone representative this year, Rolle will take the field at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu this Sunday, a week before the AFC and NFC champions duke it out in the Super Bowl. The game will be televised on NBC starting at 7 p.m. ET.
>> INFOGRAPHIC: ANTREL ROLLE'S SIX INTERCEPTIONS
In addition to the new roster format -- players were previously split by conference -- changes to the 2014 Pro Bowl include:
- Offensive and Defensive MVPs – Media will choose two game MVPs this year – one offensive player and one defensive player. Each MVP will be presented with a new GMC vehicle, and an MVP medallion to commemorate the achievement.
- Game within the Game – A two-minute warning will be added to the first and third quarters and the ball will change hands after each quarter. This will increase the opportunities for quarterbacks to direct “two-minute drills.”
- No Kickoffs – The coin toss will determine which team is awarded possession first. The ball will be placed on the 25-yard line at the start of each quarter and after scoring plays.
- Rosters – The rosters will now consist of 44 players per side, including an additional defensive back for roster flexibility.
- Cover Two and Press Coverage – The defense will be permitted to play “cover two” and “press” coverage. In previous years, only “man” coverage was permitted, except for goal line situations.
- Stopping of the Game Clock – Beginning at the two-minute mark of every quarter, if the offense does not gain at least one yard, the clock will stop as if the play were an incomplete pass. This rule will make the team with the ball attempt to gain yardage toward the end of each quarter.
- Game Timing – The game clock will start after an incomplete pass on the signal of the referee, except inside the last two minutes of the first half and the last five minutes of the second half.
- Play Clock – A 35-second/25-second play clock will be adopted instead of the typical 40-second/25-second clock.
Below are the complete rosters for Team Rice and Team Sanders:
QB: Drew Brees, Saints; Philip Rivers, Chargers; Alex Smith, Chiefs.
RB: LeSean McCoy, Eagles; DeMarco Murray, Cowboys; Matt Forte, Bears.
FB: Mike Tolbert, Panthers.
WR: Josh Gordon, Browns; Alshon Jeffery, Bears; Brandon Marshall, Bears; Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals.
TE: Jimmy Graham, Saints; Tony Gonzalez, Falcons.
C: Ryan Kalil, Panthers; Nick Mangold, Jets.
OG: Jahri Evans, Saints; Ben Grubbs, Saints; Evan Mathis, Eagles.
OT: Joe Thomas, Browns; Tyron Smith, Cowboys; Jordan Gross, Panthers.
DT: Jason Hatcher, Cowboys; Marcell Dareus, Bills; Kyle Williams, Bills.
DE: Robert Quinn, Rams; Cameron Jordan, Saints; Cameron Wake, Dolphins.
ILB: Vontaze Burfict, Bengals; Derrick Johnson, Chiefs.
OLB: Robert Mathis, Colts; Justin Houston, Chiefs; John Abraham, Cardinals.
S: Eric Reid, 49ers; Jairus Byrd, Bills; Antrel Rolle, Giants.
CB: Joe Haden, Browns; Brandon Flowers, Chiefs; Antonio Cromartie, Jets; Alterraun Verner, Titans.
K: Stephen Gostkowski, Patriots.
P: Johnny Hekker, Rams.
PR: Dexter McCluster, Chiefs.
LS: Matt Overton, Colts.
ST: Justin Bethel, Cardinals.
QB: Andrew Luck, Colts; Cam Newton, Panthers; Nick Foles, Eagles.
RB: Jamaal Charles, Chiefs; Eddie Lacy, Packers; Alfred Morris, Redskins.
FB: Marcel Reece, Raiders.
WR: Dez Bryant, Cowboys; A.J. Green, Bengals; Antonio Brown, Steelers; DeSean Jackson, Eagles.
TE: Jordan Cameron, Browns; Jason Witten, Cowboys.
C: Mike Pouncey, Dolphins; Alex Mack, Browns.
OG: Marshal Yanda, Ravens; Logan Mankins, Patriots; Kyle Long, Bears.
OT: Duane Brown, Texans; Trent Williams, Redskins; Branden Albert, Chiefs.
DT: Ndamukong Suh, Lions; Gerald McCoy, Buccaneers; Dontari Poe, Chiefs.
DE: J.J. Watt, Texans; Greg Hardy, Panthers; Mario Williams, Bills.
ILB: Luke Kuechly, Panthers; Paul Posluszny, Jaguars.
OLB: Tamba Hali, Chiefs; Terrell Suggs, Ravens; Brian Orakpo, Redskins.
S: Eric Berry, Chiefs; Eric Weddle, Chargers; T.J. Ward, Browns.
CB: Patrick Peterson, Cardinals; Darrelle Revis, Buccaneers; Brent Grimes, Dolphins; Tim Jennings, Bears.
K: Justin Tucker, Ravens.
P: Brandon Fields, Dolphins.
PR: Cordarrelle Patterson, Vikings.
LS: J.J. Jansen, Panthers.
ST: Matthew Slater, Patriots.