Fans to vote for winners on NFL.com; FedEx to deliver funding on winners’ behalf to benefit Junior Achievement
The NFL announced today that quarterbacks ELI MANNING of the New York Giants, ANDY DALTON of the Cincinnati Bengals and SAM BRADFORD of the St. Louis Rams are the finalists for the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week honors for games played on September 13-17, while running backs REGGIE BUSH of the Miami Dolphins, MARSHAWN LYNCH of the Seattle Seahawks and C.J. SPILLER of the Buffalo Bills are the finalists for the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week.
Fans can vote for one player in each category on NFL.com/FedEx from 9 a.m. EST on Tuesday through 3 p.m. EST on Friday to determine the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. The winners will be announced Friday on NFL Total Access on NFL Network and on NFL.com.
Fans will be voting for more than their favorite player. As part of the Air & Ground program and its commitment to small business owners, FedEx will support education efforts at Junior Achievement by making weekly $2,000 donations in each of the winning players’ names. The funding, allocated to local Junior Achievement area offices in that team’s city or state, is used to help U.S. small business development, by educating the next generation of entrepreneurs on how to start and grow their own businesses.
A closer look at the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week finalists:
• New York Giants QB
CLICK HERE TO VOTE FOR ELI >>
• Cincinnati Bengals QB Andy Dalton completed 24 of 31 passes for 318 yards and three touchdowns in the Bengals 34-27 victory over the Cleveland Browns.
• St. Louis Rams QB Sam Bradford threw for 310 yards, completing 26 of 35 passes and three touchdowns as the Rams beat the Washington Redskins 31-28.
A closer look at the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week finalists:
• Miami Dolphins RB Reggie Bush rushed for 172 yards on 26 carries and scored two rushing touchdowns in the Dolphins win over the Oakland Raiders 35-13.
• Seattle Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch gained 122 yards on 26 carries and one touchdown as the Seahawks beat the Dallas Cowboys 27-7.
• Buffalo Bills RB C.J. Spiller carried the ball 15 times for 123 yards and two scores averaging 8.2 yards per rush in the Bills 35-17 win over the Kansas City Chiefs.