The first edition of Kiper’s draft projects the Giants to select UCLA linebacker Myles Jack at No. 10 in the first round of the draft, which begins April 28 in Chicago.
“I’ll hear for the 100th time that the Giants don't draft linebackers in the first round,” Kiper said. “I'll point out that this is a good year to consider it, not just because they've had far too many draft misses in recent years, but because Jack isn't your classic downhill run-stuffer -- the guy can flat-out cover, and he epitomizes what teams need at least one of in 2016. He's a special talent and should be on their board.”
Jack played just three games for the Bruins in 2015. The 6-1, 245-pound Bellevue, Washington native underwent surgery in November to repair a torn meniscus. Jack was named the Pac-12’s freshman of the year in 2013 and was a two-time All-Pac 12 second teamer. The 20-year-old also saw time at running back over his two-plus seasons under head coach Jim Mora.
In order, the top five picks according to Kiper are: Ohio State DE Joey Bosa (Titans), California QB Jared Goff (Browns), Ole Miss OT Laremy Tunsil (Chargers), Oregon DE DeForest Buckner (Cowboys) and Florida State CB Jalen Ramsey (Jaguars).
As for the rest of the NFC East, Kiper projects Ole Miss DL Robert Nkemdiche to the Eagles at 13 and Clemson CB Mackensie Alexander to the Redskins at 21.
Here is the entire top ten as projected by Kiper:
1. Tennessee Titans – DE Joey Bosa (Ohio State)
2. Cleveland Browns – QB Jared Goff (California)
3. San Diego Chargers – OT Laremy Tunsil (Ole Miss)
4. Dallas Cowboys – DE DeForest Buckner (Oregon)
5. Jacksonville Jaguars – CB Jalen Ramsey (Florida State)
6. Baltimore Ravens – OT Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame)
7. San Francisco 49ers – WR Laquon Treadwell (Ole Miss)
8. Miami Dolphins – DE Shaq Lawson (Clemson)
9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – CB Vernon Hargreaves (Florida)
10. New York Giants – LB Myles Jack (UCLA)