- Originally a 5th round (158th pick overall) draft choice by the Chicago Bears in 2008…Waived by Chicago on March 13, 2013…Signed by the Cleveland Browns on March 22, 2013…Released by Cleveland on Sept. 1, 2013…Signed by the Seattle Seahawks on Sept. 11, 2013…Signed by the Giants on April 4, 2014.
- Davis has played in 95 regular-season games with 39 starts and in 4 postseason games with 1 start…Played in all 16 games in each of his first 5 seasons with Chicago…Career totals include 50 receptions for 561 yards (11.2-yard avg.) and 12 touchdowns in the regular season and 2 catches for 42 yards and 1 score in the postseason.
- In 2013, Davis joined the Seahawks 3 days after their season-opening victory at Carolina. He played in the final 15 games with 4 starts (vs. San Francisco, 9/15; vs. Jacksonville, 9/22; vs. Tennessee, 10/13, vs. St. Louis, 12/29)…Caught 3 passes for 32 yards – 2 vs. Jacksonville and a 1-yard touchdown at Arizona…In the playoffs, he played in 2 games with 1 start…Davis was a reserve in the divisional round, started the NFC Championship Game vs. San Francisco and was inactive for Seattle’s victory over Denver in Super Bowl XLVIII in MetLife Stadium. Davis did not have a postseason reception.
- In 2012, played in 16 games with 15 starts in his final season in Chicago…Had career-high totals of 19 receptions for 229 yards and scored 2 touchdowns…Scored on a 21-yard reception at Green Bay (9/13) and a 12-yarder vs. Carolina (10/28)…Caught a season-high 3 passes at Dallas (10/1) and at Minnesota (12/9)…Had a career-high 62 receiving yards vs. the Cowboys.
- In 2011, played in 16 games with 15 starts…Collected 18 receptions for 206 yards and a career and team-high 5 touchdowns…Scored on a career-long 32-yard catch vs. Green Bay (9/25).
- In 2010, played in all 16 games with 3 starts…Caught 1 pass, a 19-yarder for a touchdown vs. Minnesota (11/14)…Contributed a career-high 7 special teams tackles…Had 2 catches for 42 yards, including a 39-yard touchdown, in an NFC Divisional Playoff Game vs. Seattle (1/16).
- In 2009, played in 16 games with 2 starts…Totaled 9 receptions for 75 yards and 3 touchdowns…Caught a career-high 5 passes, including his 1st touchdown on a 6-yard pass from Jay Cutler, vs. Pittsburgh (9/20).
- As a rookie in 2008, played in all 16 games as a reserve…Did not have a reception…Finished with 3 special teams tackles.
- Played in 43 games with 22 starts at Michigan State…Completed collegiate career with 60 receptions for 789 yards and 9 touchdowns…Added 6 rushes for 43 yards…Also saw time on defense, where he totaled 14 tackles and 2.0 sacks.
- Attended Adrian (Mich.) High School…His brother, Josh Freeman, was a defensive lineman at Michigan State.