1) Last time out, news of the Giants' victory spread around Cowboys Stadium midway through the first quarter of Dallas' game with Philadelphia on Christmas Eve. It meant that the Eagles were eliminated from playoff contention and rendered the game essentially meaningless, setting up a winner-take-all against the Giants in the final game of the season. Once Tony Romo hurt his hand in the opening series, the Cowboys shut it down and lost to the Eagles, 20-7.
2) Dallas is 3-4 on the road this season, the same record as the Giants have at home.
3) Despite a 105.2 passer rating, Tony Romo is 4-4 as a starter against the Giants after winning the first four meetings.
4) Jason Garrett (13-9 overall) won his first game as the Cowboys head coach against the Giants last November in the Meadowlands, 33-20.
5) The Cowboys lead the franchise series, 56-40-2. The Cowboys lost the lone postseason matchup, 21-17, in the 2007 divisional round while Tom Coughlin is 11-8 against Dallas in his career (10-6 with the Giants).
6) Cowboys-Giants connections: Dallas Head Coach Jason Garrett played for the Giants from 2000-03; Cowboys special teams coordinator Joe DeCamillis coached with the Giants from 1993-96; Cowboys assistant head coach/wide receivers coach Jimmy Robinson played for the Giants from 1976-79 and coached the Giants from 1998-2003; Cowboys defensive back Frank Walker was a sixth round draft choice (207th overall) by the Giants in 2003; DT Chris Canty was a fourth round draft choice (132nd overall) by the Cowboys. He played with the Cowboys from 2005-08 before signing with the Giants in 2009.
7) The Dallas offense is ninth in the NFL, averaging 380.5 yards per game. The Cowboys put up 263.3 yards per game through the air (8th) while the rushing attack is 15th with 117.2 yards a game.
8) The Cowboys defense is seventh in the NFL against the run (98.6) while giving up 238.3 passing yards per game (23rd).
10) Back at Valley Ranch: "We understand the challenge," Garrett said in his Monday press conference. "The Giants are a very good football team. We played an outstanding game with them three weeks ago. We understand how good they are. The game ended on a blocked field goal with no time left. The challenge they present on offense, on defense, and in the kicking game with the players and coaches, we understand that. But we're excited about the chance to go up there and see if we're worthy of being the eastern division champs."