The Giants have signed LB Terrell Manning, formerly of the Green Bay Packers
Here are five things you need to know about the Giants' new linebacker:
1. Originally selected by Green Bay in the fifth round (163rd overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft, Manning has played in nine career games, split between the Packers (five in 2012), Chargers (one in 2013) and Bears (three in 2014).
- The 24-year-old Manning, 6-2, 237, was born in Laurinburg, N.C. He played collegiately at North Carolina State and prepped at Scotland High School.
- Manning's rookie year was slowed by a digestive illness in training camp and then head and shoulder injuries during the regular season. He finished 2012 with three special teams tackles, plus two more in the NFC Wild Card Game vs. Minnesota.
- This is the second stint with the Giants for Manning, who signed with the team this past June but was waived before the start of the regular season when the 53-man roster was announced. Manning played in all five preseason games this season with Big Blue and recorded eight tackles, including five against New England.
- Manning was a two-year starter and three-year letter-winner at N.C. State, where he played in 36 games with 26 starts and was credited with 207 tackles (128 solo), 10.5 sacks and five interceptions. He chose to forego his final season to enter the draft.
18 photos that tell the story of Sunday's loss to the Cowboys