The Giants signed RB Chris Ogbonnaya, who has played for St. Louis, Houston, Cleveland and Carolina
- Originally a seventh-round selection (211th overall) by St. Louis in the 2009 NFL Draft, Ogbonnaya (pronounced o-bonn-EYE-ah) has played in 51 career games with 12 starts for the Rams (2009), Texans (2011), Browns (2011-2013) and, most recently, the Panthers (2014), who released him last month.
2. Including 14 rushes for 50 yards and a touchdown in five games this season with Carolina, Ogbonnaya's career numbers include 158 carries for 710 yards (3.1) and two touchdowns, in addition to 96 receptions for 714 yards (7.1) and two scores.
- Ogbonnaya has played a full 16-game season once in his five-year career. That was in 2013 with Cleveland when he started seven games, carrying the ball 49 times for 240 yards and catching 48 passes for 343 yards and two touchdowns. However, his best rushing season came in 2011 when he averaged 4.6 yards per carry for 334 yards.
- Measurables: Height 6-0, Weight 225, Age 28.
- Ogbonnaya played college football at Texas, where he finished his career with 597 yards and eight touchdowns on 140 attempts and tallied 75 receptions for 792 yards and three touchdowns. His receptions and receiving yards rank third in school history for a running back. He prepped at Strake Jesuit College Preparatory School in Houston, Texas.