The Giants have signed DB Chykie Brown
Five things you need to know about the Giants new Cornerback, Chykie Brown:
1. Chykie (pronounced SHOCK-ee) Brown was originally selected in the fifth round (164th overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft by the Baltimore Ravens. Brown played in 46 career games with two starts in addition to four postseason contests with two more starts before his release on Nov. 4.
2. Measurables: Height 5-11, Weight 190 lbs., Age 27.
3. His career numbers include 48 combined tackles and seven passes defended. Before his release, Brown played seven games this season with one start in the season-opener.
4. Brown was a member of the Ravens' Super Bowl XLVII-winning team, playing all 20 games in 2012. That includes the playoffs, when he registered starts in Baltimore's victories over Indianapolis and Denver in the Wild Card and Divisional Rounds, respectively.
5. At the University of Texas, Brown started 23 of 45 games, finishing his Longhorns career with 106 tackles (71 solo), 24 PD, 4 sacks, 9 TFL, 2 FFs and 2 INTs. Brown prepped at North Shore (Houston, Texas) High School, where he earned All-State honors, playing at safety, cornerback, running back, and wide receiver.