The Giants have signed QB Ricky Stanzi to a Reserve/Future contract
- Originally selected by Kansas City in the ﬁfth round (135th overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft, Stanzi has played for the Chiefs (2011-2013), Jaguars (2013-2014) and, most recently, the Texans, who signed him to their practice squad for the last two weeks of the 2014 regular season.
- Stanzi, 6-4 and 228 pounds, has yet to appear in a regular-season game but did play in three preseason games for the Jaguars this past year. He finished 17 of 28 for 159 yards with no touchdowns and two interceptions.
- Prior to Jacksonville, Stanzi spent two seasons in Kansas City as the backup. He was waived by the Chiefs before the start of the 2013 season and was picked up two days later by the Jaguars.
- Playing college football at Iowa, Stanzi posted a 26-9 record as the starting quarterback, ranking second in career victories at the school. He had at least one touchdown pass in 21 consecutive games to establish a school record and finished third in career touchdown passes (56), passing yards (7,377), pass attempts (907) and total offense (7,373). He was also the only quarterback to start three games against Penn State Coach Joe Paterno and win all three.
- A native of Mentor, Ohio, Stanzi was the 2005 Ohio Division III Offensive Player of the Year at Lake Catholic High School. He was also named Offensive Player of the Year by the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Lake County News Herald and Cleveland Touchdown Club in addition to making first team all-state, all-district, all-county and all-conference as a senior.