With the 50th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, the New York Giants selected Georgia linebacker Azeez Ojulari.
NFL.COM SCOUTING REPORT
Ojulari (pronounced oh-ju-LAHR-ee), a former four-star recruit, redshirted his first season in Athens, though he did play in three games as a reserve while maintaining the year of eligibility (four tackles, one for loss -- three tackles in the Sugar Bowl). He led the Bulldogs with 5.5 sacks in 2019 and was a co-winner of the team's Most Improved Defensive Player award with 13 starts in 14 games (36 tackles). He showed even more promise as a redshirt sophomore, garnering second-team All-SEC honors after leading the team with 12.5 tackles for loss (among 31 total stops). He tied for eighth in the FBS with 8.5 sacks and tied for second with four forced fumbles in 10 starts.
- Built like a superhero with a broad chest, thickly muscled arms and a tapered waist.
- Humble teammate with tremendous football character.
- First freshman in Kirby Smart era to be named a team captain.
- Aggressive play demeanor has NFL starter written all over it.
- Charges into pulling guards like a battering ram, stopping them dead in their tracks.
- Very good upper-body twitch and strength to unhinge and shed blocks.
- Contact balance to absorb blocks and maintain his base.
- Lightning-quick playing off blocks and making athletic tackles.
- Gifted change-of-direction to follow flow of the play.
- Juice to chase down perimeter runs.
- Will alter rush tempo to lull tackles to sleep.
- Power chop and swivel hips to grease and flip the edge.
- Leverage and power to capture and collapse a tackle's edge.
- Booming closing burst helps him demolish quarterbacks.
- Has reps dropping and covering tight ends and running backs.
View photos of second-round pick Azeez Ojulari.