CBS RADIO's Sports Radio WFAN 660AM/101.9FM, the world's first and nation's most listened to all-sports radio station, has reached a new multi-year agreement with the New York Giants, extending the station's exclusive flagship radio station rights to broadcast preseason, regular season and any postseason games. In addition, WFAN will also continue to be home of the Giants in-depth pre and post-game coverage for all contests broadcast on the station.
WFAN has been the flagship station of the Giants since 1997. Bob Papa currently serves as the radio play-by-play voice for the Giants. He is joined by two-time Super Bowl Champion and former Giants linebacker Carl Banks in the booth and former Giants tight end and Super Bowl champion Howard Cross, who provides the latest news and commentary, with reports from the field.
"We are proud to continue our partnership with the New York Giants, the city's premier football franchise," said Don Bouloukos, Senior Vice President and Market Manager, CBS RADIO New York. "Our tri-state area listeners are fans of the team, and they know they can count on WFAN for unparalleled coverage, access to players and coaches, and insight they can't hear anywhere else. As we continue to expand our footprint in the metropolitan area, we look forward to having the Giants remain a cornerstone of the WFAN lineup."
"The Giants are delighted to extend our relationship with the CBS RADIO family," said Giants Senior Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer Michael Stevens. "We will continue to work with WFAN to provide our radio listeners, across the tri-state area and beyond, with the best Giants broadcasting and coverage. Our partnership with WFAN has been dynamic over the years and we are pleased to continue it for many years to come."
Additional elements of the agreement include a wide range of Giants programming, which can be heard on-air, online at www.wfan.com or via the Radio.com app for mobile devices, including:
● A weekly 30-minute Giants-themed segment as part of the station's Monday Night Football coverage, presenting the latest news, game reviews/previews, and a one-on-one interview with a featured player (broadcast time TBD);
● Giants Power Lunch – the new one-hour live program will be broadcast one Tuesday a month during the regular season from the Giants Training Facility in East Rutherford, N.J. within the "Benigno and Roberts" show. The program airs weekdays from 10:00AM-1:00PM, ET;
● Exclusive weekly player interviews with Eli Manning and other Giants player(s) to be named prior to the start of the 2013 season;
● An expansive schedule of weekly and daily updates and vignettes will be executed across several different programs on WFAN from trusted experts and station personalities.
|MORE FROM GIANTS.COM|
- PHOTOS: Top Undrafted Free Agents
- WATCH: Bob Papa on Mini-Camp
- INFOGRAPHIC: Road to the Giants