This Las Vegas product was a two-star recruit despite receiving first-team All-Nevada honors as a senior tight end/linebacker (and starring in basketball and track) at Palo Verde High School. Instead of taking a redshirt year in 2018, he played the final nine games as a reserve (1-10). Bellinger then started 11 of 13 appearances the following fall (15-201-13.4, three TDs) before garnering honorable mention All-Mountain West Conference accolades in 2020 (21-203-9.7 in eight starts). He started all 13 games for the Aztecs in 2021, catching a career-high 31 passes for 357 yards (11.5 per rec.) and two scores.
- Well-proportioned, muscular build.
- Patient and poised getting into block fits.
- Features strong hands and contact balance to sustain his work.
- Technically sound when asked to help in pass protection.
- Nimble, agile feet as a route runner.
- Generally clean getting in and out of his route breaks.
- Quick catch-to-run transitions underneath.
- Shows ability to get big in contested catch battles.
View photos from fourth round pick and former San Diego State tight end Daniel Bellinger.
View photos from the college careers of the Giants' entire 11-player draft class