1. The Giants are covered. Cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie became the third addition to the Giants' secondary in two days when he signed with the team on Monday. "I definitely believe this is a championship team," he said a day after the Giants signed cornerback Walter Thurmond and safety Quintin Demps. "Starting with Eli [Manning], a great quarterback, a guy that you know can get it done. He's done it, proven it before. They're bringing in a lot of pieces, so I definitely think it's going in the right direction."
— New York Giants (@Giants) March 17, 2014
2. DRC DRC DRC!! On Twitter, Giants safety and defensive captain Antrel Rolle informally lobbied for his team to sign Rodgers-Cromartie. The two played together in 2008 and 2009 with the Arizona Cardinals and were starters in their heartbreaking 27-23 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XLIII.
He got his wish.
Stand Up.... Stand up.... Stand up and welcome my Lil Bra drc941 to the New York Fighting Giants!!!… http://t.co/kUifoNCQeN
— Antrel Rolle (@antrelrolle26) March 17, 2014
3. The NFL's Middle Class. In his weekly Monday Morning Quarterback column, Peter King wrote about this year's free agency market and referenced a handful of players, including new Giants offensive lineman Geoff Schwartz. "After three years of a stalled market, free agency finally works," King wrote. "When I see free agency this year, I see it working the way it was meant to work when the league implemented it before the 1993 season. If a player is stuck behind a good player somewhere, he can move and start somewhere else. And if a player thinks he's undervalued and his contract is up, well, he can move too."
4. Victor Cruz surprised a "busload" of children. The students of Lincoln Elementary School from Mount Vernon, N.Y., recently thought they were going on an ordinary field trip until the Giants wide receiver jumped on the bus and brought them to the Rachel Ray show. There Cruz stressed the importance of healthy eating.
5. The Prince and the Princess. Giants cornerback Prince Amukamara famously proposed to his girlfriend last July in Las Vegas at a Jabbawockeez show. They appear to have tied the knot.