- No surgery for Beason.** The team announced yesterday that linebacker Jon Beason was examined by Foot and Ankle Specialist Dr. Robert Anderson in Charlotte on Monday. It was determined that Beason's injury -- a ligament tear and a small fracture to the sesamoid in his right foot – does not require surgery, but his foot will be immobilized for six weeks as the first step in his rehabilitation. >> READ MORE
2. Play of the Day. Safety Antrel Rolle notched one for the defense on the first day of minicamp, picking off quarterback Eli Manning on the final play of practice.
3. McClain, Kennard step up in the middle. Until Beason returns, Tom Coughlin said that Jameel McClain and rookie Devon Kennard will man the middle linebacker position. Catch up on that and more from yesterday's practice. >> READ MORE
4. Must-See Photos.Get a sideline view of the first practice of mandatory minicamp in our Giants.com photo gallery. >> VIEW PHOTOS
#NYG Mini-Camp practice #1 is in the books. Tons of energy! Guys flying around! I love it! Means training camp is coming soon!
— Steve Weatherford (@Weatherford5) June 17, 2014
5. Eli shines. Watch quarterback Eli Manning's highlights from Day 1 and check out other standouts from minicamp at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center. >> READ MORE