1) **And then there were two. Just two training camp practices remain open to the public, and Friday was a preparation day for the Giants leading up to their second preseason game against the Colts. Players wore shorts and shells and worked off scout team cards for a good portion of practice. This is probably a good point for a refresher on key upcoming dates:
- Aug. 21 - Public access to Giants training camp concludes
- Aug. 27 - Clubs must reduce their rosters to a maximum of 75 players on the Active List
- Aug. 31 - Clubs must reduce rosters to a maximum of 53 players on the Active/Inactive List
- Sept. 1 - Clubs may establish a Practice Squad of eight players.
|Herzlich and Connor have history
Mark Herzlich and Dan Connor were one-time high school rivals...
Carr puts preseason in perspective
Giants-Colts Broadcast info
Photos: Training Camp Practice](http://www.giants.com/photos/photos/Training-Camp-Practice-Photos---816/d9ce7d8d-d729-43ad-adf7-a31f8a8c5c88)
3) The nickel corner role continues to be a strong point in the Giants defense at training camp. From Aaron Ross to Jayron Hosley and Terrell Thomas, the Giants have seen a lot of production from that position so far. There is good depth, and Thomas saw a lot of action there on Friday. Inching closer to seeing a live game, Thomas won't play this week, according to head coach Tom Coughlin, "but hopefully we get him all together for next week." Meanwhile, Ross had another big day, intercepting Nassib's pass intended for Hardy in 7-on-7 drills.
4) Dan Connor received a bump up to the first team to start practice. The sixth-year linebacker out of Penn State had been spending most of training camp behind Mark Herzlich in the middle. Read more about the two backers' long history together, which dates back to their high school days in Pennsylvania.
5) Nassib, the rookie quarterback out of Syracuse, guided the two-minute drill to end practice. Beginning with a little more than a minute on the clock, Nassib ran the hurry-up with much success. He found Talley twice and Hardy again to bring the offense into field goal range. On a slowly paced practice day, there were some quality throws made. Eli Manning hooked up with Rueben Randle on one, and David Carr landed a pass into the hands of Victor Cruz on another.