Get drafted one day. Go right to work the next.
And because the draft was held later than usual, the rookies will jump right into the middle of offseason workouts and pick up with the rest of the team in the second phase of the program. Below is a schedule of what they will be walking into:
PHASE 2 - Offense/Defense
Ends May 26
On-field workouts may include:
- Individual player instruction and drills
- Team practice conducted on a "separates" basis (offense/defense)
- No live contact or team offense vs. team defense
PHASE 3 - Organized Team Activities
May 28-30, June 2-3, June 5, June 9-10,June 12-13
Teams may conduct:
- Total of 10 days of organized team practice activity, or "OTAs"
- No live contact is permitted
- 7-on-7, 9-on-7, and 11-on-11 drills are permitted
Article 22 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement stipulates:
- Clubs may hold one mandatory minicamp for veteran players
- Minicamp must occur during Phase Three of the offseason program.
- Head coaches hired after the end of the 2013 season are also entitled to conduct an additional voluntary veteran minicamp
The 2014 Rookie Class arrived for their first day at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center