When Michael Strahan hung up his cleats, he did everything but retire.
And for that Enshrinement Weekend, which takes place Aug. 1-3 in Canton, Ohio, the former defensive end chose a presenter who bridges his two lives. That man will be Strahan's longtime friend and FOX NFL Sunday "teammate" Jay Glazer, the Pro Football Hall of Fame announced.
"We've been brothers for a long time; we've been friends for more than half of our lives," said Glazer, who is an NFL Insider for FOX Sports.
"I don't think it hit me until the last month or so. How amazing is it that when someone gets enshrined into eternity in football, they ask you to come along for the ride? That's without a doubt the highlight of my career."
The first duty for the seven presenters of the seven inductees will occur at the Gold Jacket Dinner on Friday, Aug. 1, when presenters place the gold jackets on the newest members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Then, at the enshrinement ceremony on Saturday, Aug. 2, each member of the Class of 2014 will then have their presenter accompany them to the podium where together they will unveil the Hall of Famer's bronze bust for the first time.
— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) July 17, 2014
Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2014 Presenters
- Decalon Brooks for his father Derrick Brooks
- John Madden for former Oakland Raiders punter Ray Guy
- Cheyenne Humphrey-Robinson for her father Claude Humphrey
- Walterius Jones for his father Walter Jones
- Marv Levy for former Buffalo Bills wide receiver Andre Reed
- Jay Glazer for his friend and colleague Michael Strahan
- Lawrence Williams for his son Aeneas Williams