Ticket holders are strongly encouraged to consider taking mass transit to Giants football games. Ticket holders who have used the following mass transit options have found them to be easy and convenient.
NJ Transit Rail Service
The new rail system connects the northeast corridor to the Frank R. Lautenberg train station in Secaucus, N.J., which allows fans from the region to quickly and efficiently reach the New Meadowlands Stadium. The rail station at the Sports Complex is located next to the New Meadowlands Stadium and the travel time between the Secaucus Junction train station and the Sports Complex station is approximately 10 minutes. The round-trip fare from Secaucus to the Sports Complex is $4.50. Rail service commences three (3) hours prior to kickoff and ends two (2) hours after the game. For more information, please visit NJTransit.com.
Riders from New York or Connecticut can take select Metro-North trains from the New Haven line to Secaucus Junction. Guests should visit http://mta.info/mnr/ or call the MNRR Travel Information line at 212-532-4900 for information on schedules and service locations. The Travel Information line is staffed between 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM on Mondays through Fridays, and an automated system is available during other times.
Coach USA Bus Service (Route Number 351)
Coach USA will be providing the 351 Meadowlands Express bus service from the Port Authority to the Sports Complex for Giants games in 2010. This bus service was provided by New Jersey Transit in the past. The 351 bus service will begin two and one half (2 1/2) hours prior to the start of a game and will continue to run until one half hour (1/2) after the start of a game. The 351 bus line will be operational for approximately two (2) hours following the conclusion of the game. Drop-off and pick-up at the Sports Complex is located near Parking Lot K. A round-trip ticket costs $10 and a one-way ticket is $5.00. Please visit www.351express.com or call (800) 877-1888, Ext. 3 for more information.
Park and Ride Train
A pre-paid parking permit will be required for all vehicles entering the Sports Complex (Stadium and IZOD Center sides of the Complex). Ticket holders who do not have parking permits can park at the surface parking lot located next to the Frank R. Lautenberg Train Station in Secaucus, NJ (Secaucus Junction). It is located off Exit 15X on the eastern extension of the New Jersey Turnpike (675 New Country Road at Seaview Drive, Secaucus, N.J., 07094). Ticket holders can park in this 1,100-space parking lot and take the rail service to the Meadowlands Sports Complex. The parking lot is open 24 hours a day. The cost to park in this lot will be $20 per game or $160 for the season. Call 888-PARKFAST or visit www.parkfast.com for more information about the Park and Ride.
Directions to New Meadowlands by Car
The New Meadowlands Stadium is easily accessible by car and bordered by major roadways including the New Jersey Turnpike. It is important to note that there have been significant improvements made to the infrastructure, external roadways and signage that support the Sports Complex. All of the improvements are currently scheduled to be complete by the 2010 football season.
From the George Washington Bridge
Take the George Washington Bridge to the New Jersey Turnpike South. Take the Turnpike's western spur to one of the Sports Complex's exits, 16W or 18W. These exits provide direct access to the Sports Complex parking areas.
From New York City and points east
Take the Lincoln Tunnel and follow signs for Route 3 West. Take Route 3 West to the Sports Complex.
Traveling North on the New Jersey Turnpike
Follow the Western Spur (Sports Complex to Exit 16W), which provides direct access to Sports Complex parking areas. If the roadway is congested, use the eastern turnpike spur (Lincoln Tunnel) to exit 16E to take Route 3 West which provides direct access to the Sports Complex parking areas.
Traveling South on the Garden State Parkway
Garden State Parkway South to exit 163 (Route 17). Follow Route 17 to Paterson Plank Road. Take Paterson Plank Road east to the Sports Complex.
Traveling North on the Garden State Parkway
Garden State Parkway North to exit 153A (Route 3). Follow Route 3 East to the Sports Complex.
GENERAL AND PREMIUM PARKING
The New York Football Giants are excited about playing their games in the state-of-the-art New Meadowlands Stadium. Our goal is for all ticket holders to not only enjoy the new stadium but the entire game day experience. This includes the pregame tailgating that our fans have come to enjoy.
The opening of the New Meadowlands Stadium not only enables the Giants to play their home games in the NFL's very best stadium, it represents a vast improvement in the traffic and parking experience for our ticket holders. New and improved access roads and parking lots will enable fans driving to the stadium to arrive and depart the Meadowlands Sports Complex (Sports Complex) much faster, easier and more efficiently. A tremendous amount of research and effort has been put into creating the new traffic and parking plans. The Giants organization has worked closely with local authorities and consultants to develop a traffic and parking operations plan that will improve the traffic flow into and out of the Sports Complex on game days.
There have been significant improvements made to the infrastructure, external roadways and signage that support the Sports Complex. The most significant improvements have been made to the 16W and 18W interchanges of the New Jersey Turnpike. In addition, the parking lots and roadways at the Sports Complex have been redesigned to improve the flow of traffic as well as the ingress and egress times for ticket holders attending games at the New Meadowlands Stadium.
All game day parking at the Sports Complex for Giants games will be by pre-paid permit parking only. If a ticket holder is operating a vehicle and plans to park at the Sports Complex on game day, he or she must have a permit to do so. Ample parking is available at the Sports Complex, but ticket holders are urged to consider taking mass transit (train or bus) or carpool if possible. This will reduce the demand for parking, improve the ingress and egress for all patrons, and also benefit the environment.
- Parking permits will be required for all vehicles entering the Sports Complex (stadium and IZOD Center sides of the complex).
- Parking permits must be displayed at all times while on the Sports Complex; they can be hung from the rear view mirror or they can be placed on the dashboard of the vehicle.
- Parking permits only grant the ticket holder access to the Sports Complex parking lots. They do not entitle the ticket holder to a reserved parking space in a specific parking lot.
- The parking permit entitles the ticket holder to one parking space for his/her vehicle and tailgate set-up. Adjacent parking spaces may not be used for grills, chairs, tents etc.
- A ticket holder who may be in possession of more than one pre-paid parking permit will not be allowed to use adjacent spaces for tailgating.
- Parking permits will not be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed.
Parking permit(s) are included in the Personal Seat License(s).
General Parking (the parking policy for vehicles that are permitted to park in lined and unlined parking spaces applies to the Premium parking lots as well).
The following vehicles will occupy lined parking spaces:
- Cars/SUVs: $250 for 2010 season permits (parking permits for 10 games).
- Motorcycles: $250 for 2010 season permits (parking permits for 10 games).
The following vehicles will not occupy lined parking spaces:
- RVs, trucks, campers, vehicles pulling trailers, barbecues in tow, etc.: $250 for 2010 season permits (parking permits for 10 games) plus an additional $50 per game which will be paid at the toll booth with either a credit card or cash. These vehicles must park alongside the curbs in the parking lots and not in the lined surface parking spaces.
- Limousines/black car services: Must have a pre-paid parking permit to enter the Sports Complex. An additional charge of $50 must be paid with a credit card or cash.
- Buses: $100 per game to be paid at the toll booth (if in possession of a parking permit the additional charge will be $75 per game which can be paid with a credit card or cash).
- Taxis/limousines/black car services drop-offs and pickups: No charge if taxis/limousines drop off passengers at the designated drop-off/pickup point(s).
- Cars and SUV's will require a pre-paid parking permit to park at the Sports Complex. Owners of oversized vehicles or those traveling on buses do not require a pre-paid parking permit to enter the Sports Complex, but if they do have a pre-paid parking permit they will only have to pay the difference (cash or credit card) between the parking rate ($25) and the charge for the vehicle they are travelling in. Owners of oversized vehicles will be directed to park in either parking lot L or a location deemed appropriate by the New Meadowlands Stadium Company and Central Parking System Management.
Parking Lot Hours of Operation
- The parking lots will open five (5) hours prior to the start of the game and will close two (2) hours after the conclusion of the game. Ticket holders arriving earlier than five (5) hours prior to the scheduled kick-off time will not be permitted to enter the Sports Complex and may be directed to leave the roadways that service the Sports Complex.
- The toll plazas will be staffed from 5 hours prior to kick-off until the end of the game
General Parking Information
- Ticket holders who have tickets in the general seating areas of the New Meadowlands Stadium will be directed to park in the parking lots that are closest to their point of entry into the Sports Complex. This will include parking on the east side (IZOD Center) of the Sports Complex. This will reduce traffic and improve the ingress and egress times on game days. THIS POLICY DOES NOT APPLY TO THOSE TICKET HOLDERS WHO HAVE PARKING PERMITS FOR THE PREMIUM PARKING LOTS WHICH ARE LOTS E, F, AND G.
- Circulation between parking lots will not be permitted.
- To ensure safe and efficient travel throughout the Meadowlands Sports Complex, please follow the directions of the Traffic and Parking Staff.
- Trucks, trailers, buses and other oversized vehicles are not permitted to park in the enclosed parking deck on the east side of the Sports Complex (next to the IZOD Center).
- Illegal parking outside the Sports Complex on area roadways, medians, grass malls and vehicle breakdown lanes is prohibited. Violators will be ticketed by local law enforcement and/or towed at the owner's expense.
- Overnight parking on the Meadowlands Sports Complex is not permitted.
- Vehicles are subject to search by New Jersey State Police which could include a canine unit. Those ticket holders refusing a search of their vehicle will not be permitted to enter the Sports Complex.
- Although significant improvements have been made in the access to and from the Sports Complex as well as in the internal roadways and parking lots, it is still recommended that ticket holders give themselves plenty of time for arrival to a Giants game. Ticket holders are encouraged to enter the stadium early to become familiar with the routes to their seats, restroom locations, concessions stands/portables, merchandise locations etc.
- Please be advised that the identification of the parking lots has changed from a numbered system to a lettered system.
Accessible parking (ticket holders with disabilities)
- Ticket holders with disabilities must have a pre-paid parking permit for the appropriate game and either a valid ADA license plate or a valid ADA hang tag to gain access to the Sports Complex. The owner of the vehicle with the valid
license plate or hang tag must be in the vehicle. Registrations and IDs will be checked.
- Accessible parking is available in Lots E, F and G (500 parking spaces). A valid, state-issued accessible parking license plate or hang tag must be visible on any vehicle parking in these spaces. These parking areas will be closely monitored to ensure that only those who are authorized to park in the parking spaces designated for ticket holders with disabilities do so.
- Central Parking System Parking Attendants will direct ticket holders with disabilities or have limited mobility to the ADA parking spaces.
- The dedicated drop-off area for guests with disabilities is located in Lot C, which is adjacent to the Verizon Gate. On-site signage and Traffic and Parking staff will direct guests to Lot C from all stadium roadway access points.
Charter Bus Parking
- Charter bus parking will be located in Parking Lot L. Traffic and Parking personnel will direct the drivers of charter buses to Lot L.
Taxis and Limousines Drop-Off and Pick Up Area
- Taxis and limousines (black car service) that drop-off and or pickup ticket holders must enter the Sports Complex through an entrance to Parking Lot H, which is prior to the toll plaza that is located between the New Meadowlands Stadium and the Meadowlands Racetrack. These vehicles will be directed through Parking Lot H to the entrance to the Pegasus Restaurant where they will drop-off or pickup their passengers. This is the primary drop-off and pickup location. The New Meadowlands Stadium Company and Central Parking System may designate additional drop-off and pickup areas as well.
- If a limousine driver has a pre-paid parking permit the vehicle will be permitted to enter the Sports Complex after paying an additional $50 with either a credit card or cash, but will not be permitted to park in striped parking spaces if the vehicle takes up more than one parking space or will obstruct the drive aisle.
Shuttle Buses for Ticket Holders
- Shuttle buses will be provided from Parking Lot P and the surface parking lots and parking deck located on the east side (IZOD Center) of the Sports Complex to the stadium.
- Ticket holders who park in these lots can also walk to the New Meadowlands Stadium. Please use the sidewalk from Parking Lot P and the Pedestrian Bridge from the east side of the Sports Complex.
- Tailgating will be permitted in the parking lots with the exception of the parking deck that is located next to the IZOD Center.
- Parking is on a first come first serve basis in the appropriately designated lots.
- ONE CAR=ONE SPACE: Please be considerate of your fellow ticket holders. Tailgating will be limited to the lined parking space and the area directly behind or in front of each vehicle. The blocking of the drive lane is prohibited. Tailgating is also permitted on the medians that separate the parking lots and the parking lots from the roadways. There will be strict enforcement of the one permit one parking space policy. See the Tailgating diagram for the proper way to setup a tailgate.
- The saving of parking spaces will not be permitted. This issue results in the single largest complaint from our patrons throughout the NFL season. Groups desiring to tailgate together should arrive together.
- A ticket holder who may be in possession of more than one pre-paid parking permit will not be allowed to use adjacent spaces for tailgating. Lined parking spaces are for vehicles, not tailgate activities.
- Drive aisles and fire lanes need to be kept clear at all times for free access of emergency vehicles.
- Trucks, trailers and other oversized vehicles (not including buses) will be directed to park along the curbs in the parking lots so they do not take up additional lined parking spaces.
- Trucks, trailers, buses and other oversized vehicles are not permitted to park in the enclosed structured parking deck on east side of the Sports Complex (next to the IZOD Center)
- Any violation of the tailgating policies may result in the towing of the vehicle at the owner's expense.
- Drink responsibly during the pre-game since guests who appear to be impaired may not be permitted to enter the stadium.
- Grills are permitted for tailgating enjoyment, provided guests do so only in the same space occupied by their vehicle. However, their use near buildings or in areas where guests or property may be damaged is strictly prohibited.
- For those ticket holders who will be tailgating it is recommended that a minimum class 2A-10B:C fire extinguisher be available for use if necessary.
- Open fires are not permitted.
- Deep fryers or any oil-based cooking or frying is prohibited.
- Sound systems must not produce sound in excess of 65 decibels (New Jersey State Ordinance).
- Ticket holders that choose to ride the rail, bus, or just want to experience the tailgating atmosphere without the hassle of cooking and cleaning can take advantage of the special pre-game activity zones within the plazas adjacent to the New Meadowlands Stadium. A variety of foods, games, entertainment, and activities for adults and children will be available in the plaza areas.
Trash and Hot Charcoal Disposal
- Trash receptacles are located throughout the Sports Complex parking lots and near the entrances to the stadium. Please bag and dispose of your trash to make it safer for vehicles exiting the Sports Complex after the game.
- Please do not discard hot coals near vehicles or in plastic waste receptacles. Failure to do so will result in car and trash fires. For your safety and convenience, hot coal bins have been provided for the disposal of charcoal. These large, orange "hot charcoal" bins are located on the islands/paved areas between the parking lots. PLEASE DO NOT DISCARD TRASH IN THE HOT COAL BINS OR HOT COAL ASHES IN THE TRASH CONTAINERS.
Portable toilets are located throughout the Sports Complex parking lots. Portable toilets for guests with disabilities are available in Parking Lots E, F and G.
Outside catering companies are not permitted on the Sports Complex. Delaware North Company is the official food service provider/caterer for the New Meadowlands Stadium. To schedule a catered event, please contact Delaware North Company at (201) 559-1669. Illegal sales and organized distribution of food and beverages on the Meadowlands Sports Complex is prohibited. Individuals participating in such activities are subject to loss of parking privileges, arrest, fines and loss of PSLs.
NOT PERMITTED at the Meadowlands sports complex
The following are prohibited at the Meadowlands Sports Complex:
- Motorized scooters
- Mini bikes
- Weapons of any kind
- Solicitation of any kind
- Selling of products or merchandise. Only Delaware North Companies staff is authorized to sell products or merchandise in the parking lots on game days.
- Banners or signage recognizing businesses or products may not be displayed.
- The placing of flyers/brochures on vehicles
- Ball playing in the parking lots and roadways. This is a safety hazard; many injuries occur as a result of these activities.
Violation of Parking Policies
Ticket holders who violate the Parking Policies can lose their parking privileges, be prohibited from entering the stadium, and could possibly lose their PSLs.
Guests who wish to report issues or concerns, ask for information or call for assistance in a fast, easy and convenient way can do so by texting the New Meadowlands Stadium Command and Control Center by using the GuestAssist text message service. Guests should address the text message to 78247, type the word GIANTS followed by a space, the issue and location. Safety representatives, Central Parking staff and/or New Jersey State Police will respond.
GUEST SERVICES HOTLINE
Ticket holders who would like to contact the New Meadowlands Stadium Company with traffic and parking questions, comments or issues may do so by calling (201) 559-1515 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
THANK YOU TO OUR FANS
Every effort is being made to create a fan-friendly environment on game day at the New Meadowlands Stadium and the Meadowlands Sports Complex. You - the fans- will play a large role in making this a reality. We thank you for your continued support and look forward to sharing many memories in our new home with the greatest fans in professional sports.