They say keep your friends close, but your divisional rivals closer.
With that in mind, each week Giants.com takes a look at the latest news around the NFC East:
WASHINGTON REDSKINS (5-7, 2-2 NFC EAST)
Week 13: L, 19-16 vs. Cowboys (Mon. night)
Streak: Lost 1
Next: @ Bears
• After the Redskins and Cowboys traded field goals for most of the night, there were three lead changes on two touchdowns and a field goal in the final 74 seconds of the primetime game. Washington wide receiver DeSean Jackson fumbled on a punt return that led to the Cowboys' first touchdown with 1:14 to play. He then caught a game-tying touchdown with 44 seconds left, but Dallas kicker Dan Bailey made a 54-yarder for a 19-16 Cowboys victory.
• The loss snapped a five-game winning streak at home for Washington, which has not won in consecutive weeks all season.
• Remaining games: @ Bears (5-7), vs. Bills (6-6), @ Eagles (5-7), @ Cowboys (4-8).
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (5-7, 2-2 NFC EAST)
Week 13: W, 35-28 @ Patriots
Streak: Won 1
Next: vs. Bills
• The Eagles snapped a three-game skid against the Patriots, who have now lost two in a row after starting the season 10-0. Philadelphia did so by scoring touchdowns on a 24-yard blocked punt return, a 99-yard interception return and an 83-yard punt return.
• After missing the previous two games with a concussion and a shoulder injury, Philadelphia quarterback Sam Bradford went 14 of 24 for 120 yards and two touchdowns.
• Remaining games: vs. Bills (6-6), vs. Cardinals (10-2), vs. Redskins (5-7), @ Giants (5-7).
NEW YORK GIANTS (5-7, 2-3 NFC EAST)
Week 13: L, 23-20 (OT) vs. Jets
Streak: Lost 3
Next: @ Dolphins (Mon. night)
• Rookie left tackle and first-round draft choice Ereck Flowers sprained his ankle early in the second half and did not return. Justin Pugh slid over from left guard, and Dallas Reynolds came in to play guard.
• Six of the Giants' seven losses have been by a total of 18 points.
• Remaining games: at Dolphins (5-7), vs. Panthers (12-0), at Vikings (8-4), vs. Eagles (5-7).
DALLAS COWBOYS (4-8, 3-2 NFC EAST)
Week 13: W, 19-16 @ Redskins
Streak: Won 1
Next: @ Packers
• The Cowboys won for the first time without Tony Romo this season. Matt Cassel, who was 0-4 in his place as a starter, went 16 of 29 for 222 yards with no touchdowns or interceptions.
• Dan Bailey extended his franchise record of game-winning kicks to 10. He remains the most accurate kicker in NFL history, making 90.8 percent of his attempts.
• Remaining games: @ Packers (8-4), vs. Jets (7-5), @ Bills (6-6), vs. Redskins (5-7).
Photo timeline from the Giants Week 13 matchup vs. Jets