They say keep your friends close, but your divisional rivals closer.
With that in mind, each week Giants.com takes a look at the latest news and happenings around the NFC East:
NEW YORK GIANTS (5-5, 2-2 NFC EAST)
Week 11: BYE
Streak: Lost 1
Next: @ Redskins
• Over the bye week, the Giants brought back one of their 2011 postseason heroes by signing wide receiver Hakeem Nicks, who is ninth on the franchise's all-time receptions (311) and receiving yards (4,622) lists. Nicks last played for the Colts in 2014, playing in all 19 games, including the postseason.
• Victor Cruz's hopes for a 2015 comeback came to an end when the wide receiver announced he would undergo surgery on his torn calf muscle. Cruz last played on Oct. 12, 2014, when he suffered a season-ending knee injury in Philadelphia.
• The Giants' remaining six games are against opponents with a combined record of 34-26: Redskins (4-6), Jets (5-5), Dolphins (4-6), Panthers (10-0), Vikings (7-3), and Eagles (4-6).
WASHINGTON REDSKINS (4-6, 1-1 NFC EAST)
Week 11: L, 44-16 @ Panthers
Streak: Lost 1
Next: vs. Giants
• Carolina quarterback Cam Newton threw a career-high five touchdowns against Washington, which defeated Drew Brees and New Orleans, 47-14, the week before.
• In his third game back since suffering a hamstring injury in the season opener, wide receiver DeSean Jackson scored his first touchdown of 2015 on a 56-yard pass from Kirk Cousins. Andre Roberts also had a 99-yard kickoff return touchdown.
• The Redskins' remaining six games are against opponents with a combined record of 21-28: Giants (5-5), Bears (4-6), Bills (5-4), Eagles (4-6), and Cowboys (3-7) twice. PHILADELPHIA
EAGLES (4-6, 2-2 NFC EAST)
Week 11: L, 45-17 vs. Buccaneers
Streak: Lost 2
Next: @ Lions (Thurs.)
• Tampa Bay quarterback Jameis Winston, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, tied a rookie record with five touchdown passes in the lopsided victory over Philadelphia. Meanwhile, Doug Martin rushed for 235 yards against the Eagles, 177 of which were in the first half.
• Eagles tight end Zach Ertz left the game with a concussion. Tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins (shoulder) and offensive lineman Ali Marpet (ankle) were inactive.
• The Eagles' remaining six games are against opponents with a combined record of 34-24: Lions (3-7), Patriots (9-0), Bills (5-4), Cardinals (8-2), Redskins (4-6), and Giants (5-5).
DALLAS COWBOYS (3-7, 2-2 NFC EAST)
Week 11: W, 24-14 @ Dolphins
Streak: Won 1
Next: vs. Panthers (Thurs.)
• Pro Bowl quarterback Tony Romo returned to the field for the first time since fracturing his collarbone in Week 2. He completed 18-of-28 passes for 227 yards and two touchdowns to go along with a pair of interceptions. The Cowboys previously lost all seven games in Romo's absence.
• Tight end Jason Witten broke Bob Lilly's franchise record for most consecutive games played with his 197th. Jason Garrett also earned his 44th regular-season win, tying Jimmy Johnson for the second-most victories in the regular season for a Cowboys head coach.
• The Cowboys' remaining six games are against opponents with a combined record of 31-18: Panthers (10-0), Packers (7-3), Jets (5-5), Bills (5-4), and Redskins (4-6) twice.