They say keep your friends close, but your divisional rivals closer.
With that in mind, each week Giants.com takes a look at the latest news around the NFC East:
WASHINGTON REDSKINS (7-7, 2-2 NFC EAST)
Week 15: W, 35-25 vs. Bills
Streak: Won 2
Remaining games: @ Eagles (Sat.), @ Cowboys
• After finishing last in the NFC East in six of the last seven years, the Redskins can clinch a playoff spot with a victory over the Eagles in Week 16. Their seventh victory of the season matched their win total from the last two seasons combined. It also eliminated the Bills from the postseason for the 16th year in a row.
• Quarterback Kirk Cousins completed his first nine passes, finishing 22 of 28 for 319 yards, four touchdowns and no interceptions. He also set a franchise record with his sixth 300-yard game of the season.
• Right tackle Morgan Moses suffered a left ankle/foot sprain in the first half of Sunday's game. Center Josh LeRibeus (ankle sprain), linebacker Will Compton (stinger), and safety Dashon Goldson (rib contusion) also left with injuries.
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (6-8, 2-2 NFC EAST)
Week 15: L, 40-17 vs. Cardinals
Streak: Lost 1
Remaining games: vs. Redskins (Sat.), @ Giants
• The Eagles can win the NFC East if they win their final two games against their division rivals.
• Philadelphia quarterback Sam Bradford completed 28 of 41 passes for 361 yards, two touchdowns, and two interceptions, one of which Deone Bucannon returned 39 yards for a score.
• The Eagles' cornerback depth was tested after losing starters Byron Maxwell (shoulder) and Eric Rowe (concussion) during the game on Sunday night.
NEW YORK GIANTS (6-8, 2-3 NFC EAST)
Week 15: L, 38-35 vs. Panthers
Streak: Lost 1
Remaining games: @ Vikings (Sun. night), vs. Eagles
• According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Sunday was the first time in their history the Giants rallied from a 28-point deficit to tie a game. Seven of the Giants' eight losses have been by a total of 21 points, six of which were decided by four points or fewer.
• With four on Sunday, Eli Manning now has a career-high 32 touchdowns on the season. His previous best was 31 in 2010. He had 30 last season. He is four touchdowns away from breaking Y.A. Tittle's franchise record of 36, which he set in 1963. Meanwhile, Manning increased his career total to 291, surpassing Johnny Unitas (290) and into a tie for eighth place in NFL history with Warren Moon, another member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
• Safety Cooper Taylor left the game with a concussion. Wide receiver/return specialist Dwayne Harris suffered a shoulder injury, and fullback/defensive lineman Nikita Whitlock had a knee injury.
DALLAS COWBOYS (4-10, 3-2 NFC EAST)
Week 15: L, 19-16 vs. Jets (Sat.)
Streak: Lost 2
Remaining games: @ Bills, vs. Redskins
• After Matt Cassel went three of eight for 37 yards and an interception, the Cowboys replaced him with Kellen Moore, making him the fourth quarterback the team has used this season. It was the first time since 2001 the Cowboys have used four quarterbacks.
• Moore completed 15 of 25 passes for 158 yards, a touchdown, and three interceptions. It was the first appearance in Moore's four-year NFL career, and coach Jason Garrett said on 105.3 The Fan that the undrafted Boise State product will start Sunday against the Bills.
• Tight end Gavin Escobar suffered a torn Achilles tendon that will end his season. Escobar caught one touchdown this season, which came against the Giants in the season opener.
Photo timeline from the Giants Week 15 matchup vs. the Carolina Panthers