They say keep your friends close, but your divisional rivals closer.
With that in mind, each week Giants.com takes a look at the latest news and happenings around the NFC East:
DALLAS COWBOYS (2-0, 2-0 NFC EAST)
Week 2: W, 20-10 at Philadelphia
Streak: Won 2
Next: vs. Atlanta
- A week after losing All-Pro wide receiver Dez Bryant (he'll be out at least six weeks after undergoing foot surgery), the Cowboys saw Pro Bowl quarterback Tony Romo go down with a broken left clavicle midway through the third quarter on Sunday. The team will await further testing in Dallas before setting a timetable.
- In Romo's place, backup Brandon Weeden completed all seven of his passing attempts for 73 yards and a touchdown as the Cowboys notched another divisional win. Weeden was originally a 2012 first-round draft pick (22nd overall) by Cleveland, where he started 20 games before joining Dallas in 2014. WASHINGTON REDSKINS (1-1, 0-0 NFC EAST)
Week 2: W, 24-10 vs. St. Louis
Streak: Won 1
Next: at NY Giants (Thurs. night)
- Kirk Cousins again got the start at quarterback for Washington and went 23 of 27 for 203 yards and a touchdown. Meanwhile, Robert Griffin III was inactive for the second time this year while Colt McCoy served as the primary backup.
- Matt Jones, a rookie third-rounder out of Florida, led the way on the ground with 19 carries for 123 yards and two touchdowns. Alfred Morris added 18 rushing attempts for 59 yards. NEW YORK GIANTS (0-2, 0-1 NFC EAST)
Week 2: L, 24-20 vs. Atlanta
Streak: Lost 2
Next: vs. Washington (Thurs. night)
- Rookie left tackle Ereck Flowers (ankle) and cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (concussion) left with injuries and did not return. Justin Pugh slid over from left guard to replace Flowers, the Giants' first round pick, and John Jerry took over Pugh's guard spot for the remainder of the game. Meanwhile, Jayron Hosley replaced Rodgers-Cromartie.
- With 292 passing yards on Sunday, Eli Manning increased his career total to 40,240, moving him ahead of Pro Football Hall of Famer Johnny Unitas (40,239) and into 14th place on the NFL's all-time list. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (0-2, 0-1 NFC EAST)
Week 2: L, 20-10 vs. Dallas
Streak: Lost 2
Next: at NY Jets
- Linebackers Kiko Alonso (left knee) and Mychal Kendricks (hamstring) left Sunday's game and were unable to return. Alonso, a former Buffalo Bill, missed all of last season with a torn ACL in the same knee.
- DeMarco Murray, the 2014 NFL rushing champion with Dallas, carried the ball 13 times but managed just two yards. He now has 11 yards on 21 rushing attempts so far in his first year as an Eagle.
Photos from the Giants Week 2 matchup with the Atlanta Falcons