Dallas Cowboys (4-4)*](http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013102700/2013/REG8/cowboys@lions#menu=highlights&tab=recap)
*Week 8: Lost at Detroit, 31-30
- Quarterback Matthew Stafford's 1-yard score with 12 seconds left in the game and wide receiver Calvin Johnson's 329 yards receiving lifted the Detroit Lions to a close win over Dallas on Sunday.
- Failing to complete half his passes for the first time since 2009, Dallas quarterback Tony Romo was 14 of 30 for 206 yards and three touchdowns without a turnover.
- Dallas began the game without two starters on both sides of the ball: DeMarco Murray and Miles Austin on offense and DeMarcus Ware and J.J. Wilcox on defense.
- Next: vs. Minnesota
Philadelphia Eagles (3-5)
Week 8: Lost to New York, 15-7
- Quarterback Michael Vick returned for the Eagles after missing 2 1/2 games with a hamstring injury but was removed for rookie Matt Barkley late in the second quarter due to the same injury.
- Philadelphia's home losing streak extended to 10 games with their last win at Lincoln Financial Field coming against the Giants on Sept. 30, 2012.
- LeSean McCoy, the NFL's leading rusher, was held to 48 yards on 15 carries.
- Next: at Oakland
Washington Redskins (2-5)
Week 8: Lost at Denver, 45-21
- Denver overcame a two-touchdown deficit Sunday to score the last 38 points over former Denver coach Mike Shanahan's current team, the Washington Redskins.
- Robert Griffin III, who finished 15 for 30 for 132 yards, one score and two interceptions, left with an injury to his left knee.
- Next: vs. San Diego
New York Giants (2-6)
Week 8: Won at Philadelphia, 15-7
- The Giants won their second game in a row after an 0-6 start. They are two games behind Dallas in the NFC East and have a bye next week. They next play against Oakland on Nov. 10, the start of a three-game homestand.
- Eli Manning passed Phil Simms and became the Giants' career passing yardage leader. Manning completed 25 of 39 passes for 246 yards to raise his career total to 33,694. Simms finished his career in 1993 with 33,462. Manning already owns the Giants records for attempts, completions and touchdowns.
- Next: bye week