2014 Free Agency Central On Saturday, a three-day window opened up for NFL clubs to contact and enter into contract negotiations with agents of players who will become unrestricted free agents. That is all in preparation for tomorrow (March 11) at 4 p.m. ET, when contracts can then be executed with the start of the new league year.
With an eye on the first wave of free agency, Giants.com has gathered the top available players by position, according to media analysts around the nation.
Here we take a look at the defensive secondary, which NFL.com's Marc Sessler says has "a host of proven starters and a handful of players we judged as franchise-tag candidates. A team with ample cap room has an immediate chance to rebuild its defensive backfield this spring through free agency and one of the deepest drafts in memory."
Below are NFL.com's top 10 defensive backs available in free agency:
- Alterraun Verner, Tennessee Titans
- Aqib Talib, New England Patriots
- Vontae Davis, Indianapolis Colts
- Sam Shields, Green Bay Packers
- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Denver Broncos
- Antonio Cromartie, New York Jets.
- Walter Thurmond, Seattle Seahawks
- Captain Munnerlyn, Carolina Panthers
- Tarell Brown, CB, San Francisco 49ers
- Charles Tillman, Chicago Bears