1. In a pass-heavy practice, Eli Manning looked sharp out of the gate, completing consecutive throws to wide receiver Jerrel Jernigan, tight end Kellen Davis, and two more to Jernigan on the opening series. Later in 7-on-7 drills, the ball was spread around with tight end Adrien Robinson, running back Rashad Jennings, and wide receiver Preston Parker all recording catches. Ryan Nassib and Curtis Painter also made quality throws throughout the day.
2. A quarterback's best friend is a tight end. As mentioned above, Davis caught a ball down the seam early in team drills, and Daniel Fells grabbed a touchdown later on from inside the five-yard line. However, there were a few drops that the unit would like to have back.
3. The closest the Giants' defense came to an interception today was off the hands of linebacker Spencer Paysinger. The fourth-year linebacker made a nice jump on a pass from Nassib but couldn't quite hold onto the ball. Good play, but that'll be 10 pushups for Paysinger.
4. Defensive coordinator Perry Fewell had to like what he saw from Prince Amukamara on Tuesday. The fourth-year cornerback was all over the ball today, including breaking up a pass intended for Jernigan late in practice. But his best play was disrupting a fade pass to Victor Cruz in the back left-hand corner of the end zone. For more on Tuesday's standouts, stay tuned to Giants.com.
5. Pro Football Hall of Fame coach Bill Parcells, who led the Giants to two Super Bowl victories, attended today's outdoor practice at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center. The Class of 2013 inductee talked with current head coach Tom Coughlin -- as well as other coaches and players like Zak DeOssie (whose father Steve played for Parcells) and Antrel Rolle -- before addressing the full team on the field to wrap up OTA No. 8. The Giants have two remaining OTA practices on Thursday and Friday before next week's mandatory minicamp. >> CLICK TO VIEW PARCELLS HALL OF FAME VIDEOS