All streaks must come to an end. Just ask the Undertaker.
The WWE legend saw his 21-0 record at WrestleMania end last night to Brock Lesnar in pro wrestling's signature event. The crowd at the Superdome in New Orleans stood shocked along with millions of viewers across the world.
In the world of sports, sometimes you're the Undertaker; sometimes you're Lesnar.
The Giants are no stranger to the latter, and here we take a look at some of the best streaks which Big Blue has busted over the years:
1. Undefeated Patriots
- Date: February 3, 2008
- Location: University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, Arizona
- Game MVP:Eli Manning
- Streak: The Patriots entered Super Bowl XLII as the first NFL team to go through a 16-game season and postseason undefeated.
- Outcome: The Giants won a 17-14 thriller to capture their third Lombardi Trophy in franchise history, while the 1972 Dolphins remained the only NFL team to win the Super Bowl with a perfect season.
- **>> CLICK HERE TO VIEW PHOTO GALLERY** 2. Undefeated Broncos
- Date: December 13, 1998
- Location: Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey
- Game MVP:Amani Toomer
- Streak: The Broncos entered the Week 15 matchup with a perfect 13-0 record.
- Outcome: Giants quarterback Kent Graham orchestrated an 86-yard drive, capped by the game-winning 37-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Amani Toomer with 48 seconds remaining to hand Denver its first loss.
* **>> CLICK HERE TO VIEW PHOTO GALLERY** 3. Chicago Bears' 18-Game Win Streak
- Date: December 9, 1934
- Location: Polo Grounds, New York
- Streak: The defending champion Chicago Bears entered the 1934 NFL Championship Game with an undefeated 13-0 record for the season and an 18-game winning streak that stretched back to the previous year.
- Outcome: In what would become known as "The Sneakers Game," the New York Giants knocked off the Bears 30-13 for the NFL title.
- **>> CLICK HERE TO VIEW PHOTO GALLERY** 4. Patriots' Home Win Streak
- Date: November 6, 2011
- Location: Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, Massachusetts
- Game MVP: Jake Ballard
- Streak: The Patriots entered the Week 9 matchup with a 20-game home winning streak in the regular season.
- Outcome: Giants quarterback Eli Manning threw a 1-yard touchdown pass to tight end Jake Ballard with 15 seconds left to seal a 24-20 win on the road. The Giants defense also created turnovers and limited the Patriots offense throughout the game.
- **>> CLICK HERE TO VIEW PHOTO GALLERY** 5. 49ers' 22-Straight Games Not Allowing 100-Yard Rusher
- Date: October 14, 2012
- Location: Candlestick Park, San Francisco, California
- Game MVP: Antrel Rolle
- Streak: The 49ers had not allowed a 100-yard rusher in previous 22 home games.
- Outcome: Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw piled up 116 yards and a touchdown on 27 carries in a 26-3 victory.