Not all future NFL players participated in the scouting combine. Nor were they even invited.
Just ask stars like Victor Cruz.
Rather, he and many others counted on pro days at their college campuses to impress front offices. Now the next crop looks to do the same as scouts once again zigzag the country to watch and evaluate players in advance of the 2015 NFL Draft, which begins April 30.
For the next month, NFL hopefuls will work out during pro days held at their respective schools. Below is the schedule, players to watch, and everything else you need to know.
WHO:** NFL prospects, scouts, and coaches.
WHAT: 2015 Pro Days.
WHEN: March 2 through April 9.
WHERE: College campuses around the country.
WHY:Similar to the NFL Scouting Combine, prospects work out in front of representatives from interested teams. These include players who did not attend the combine in mid-February or were unable to perform due to injury. It is also a chance for combine
participants to improve their numbers from Indianapolis.
WATCH: Follow along on Giants.com and NFL.com for updates. Also check out official athletic websites of the colleges for in-depth looks at the talent.
SCHEDULE OF WORKOUTS THIS WEEK:
Photos of key prospects at Monday's Pro Day (3/2)
- Minnesota (TE Maxx Williams*, RB David Cobb, ILB Damien Wilson)
- Tennessee-Chattanooga (OLB Davis Tull, DT Derrick Lott)
- Troy (OG Terrence Jones, CB Keion Payne)
- Virginia (OLB Eli Harold*, SS Anthony Harris, OLB Max Valles)
- Wake Forest (CB Kevin Johnson*)
Photos of key prospects at Tuesday's Pro Day
Auburn (WR Sammie Coates, OL Reese Dismukes, DT Gabe Wright, RB Cameron Artis-Payne, QB/CB Nick Marshall, FS Jermaine Whitehead, DT Angelo Blackson) * James Madison (FS Dean Marlowe) * New Mexico State (OL Valerian Ume-Ezeoke) * Northwestern (SS Ibraheim Campbell) * Pittsburgh (OT T.J. Clemmings*) * Sam Houston State (TE Shane Young)
Photos of key prospects at Wednesday's Pro Day
- Arkansas (DE Trey Flowers, TE A.J. Derby, DT Darius Philon, OLB Martrell Spaight)
- Mississippi State (DE Preston Smith, ILB Benardrick McKinney, RB Josh Robinson, CB Justin Cox)
- Purdue (DE Ryan Russell)
- Texas A&M (OT Cedric Ogbuehi*, OT Cameron Clear, OG Jarvis Harrison, PK Josh Lambo, RB Trey Williams)
Photos of key prospects at Thursday's Pro Day
Clemson (OLB Vic Beasley, ILB Stephone Anthony, DE Tavaris Barnes, DE Corey Crawford, DT Grady Jarrett, CB Garry Peters) * Illinois (OT Simon Cvijanovic) * Mississippi (FS Cody Prewitt, CB Senquez Golson) * Nebraska (DE Randy Gregory, RB Ameer Abdullah*, WR Kenny Bell) * New Mexico (CB SaQwan Edwards, OLB Javarie Johnson) * Utah State (ILB Zach Vigil, DE B.J. Larsen)
Photos of key prospects at Friday's Pro Day
- Appalachian State (OT Kendall Lamm, WR Tacoi Sumler, DE Deuce Robinson)
- Arizona State (WR Jaelen Strong*, DT Marcus Hardison, OG Jamil Douglas, FS Damarious Randall,
- Newberry (OLB Edmond Robinson)
- Northern Illinois (WR Da'Ron Brown)
- Southern Mississippi (DT Rakeem Nunez-Roches)