The NFL announced today that quarterbacks ELI MANNINGof the New York Giants, PHILIP RIVERS of the San Diego Chargers and MATT RYAN of the Atlanta Falcons are the finalists for the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week honors for games played on December 8 - 12, while running backs SHONN GREENE of the New York Jets, BRANDON JACOBS of the New York Giants and MARSHAWN LYNCH of the Seattle Seahawks are the finalists for the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week.
Fans can vote for one player in each category on NFL.com/FedEx from 9 a.m. EST on Tuesday through 3 p.m. EST on Friday to determine the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. The winners will be announced Friday on NFL Total Access on NFL Network and on NFL.com.
FedEx will support education efforts at Junior Achievement by making weekly $2,000 donations in the winning players' names. The funding, allocated to local Junior Achievement area offices in that team's city or state, is used to educate the next generation of entrepreneurs on how to start and grow their own small businesses.
This season fans will be voting for more than their favorite player. FedEx introduces a new program called the FedEx Small Business of the Week. As fans visit NFL.com/FedEx to vote for their favorite Air & Ground players each week, they can also cast their vote for one of three small business nominees. FedEx will award $5,000 each week to the small business that receives the most online votes. The program then culminates in recognizing the FedEx Small Business of the Year with an all-inclusive trip to Super Bowl XLVI in Indianapolis.
A closer look at the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- New York Giants quarterback ELI MANNING completed 27 of 47 passes for 400 yards, two touchdowns and an interception in the Giants' 37-34 defeat of the Dallas Cowboys.
- San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers completed 24 of 33 passes for 240 yards and three touchdowns in the Chargers' 37-10 victory over the Buffalo Bills.
- Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan converted 22 of 38 pass attempts for 320 yards and four touchdowns in the Falcons' 31-23 win over the Carolina Panthers
A closer look at the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- New York Jets running back Shonn Greene ran 24 times for 129 yards and a touchdown in the Jets' 37-10 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs.
- New York Giants running back Brandon Jacobs carried 19 times for 101 yards and two touchdowns, including the game-winning score with 46 seconds left, as the Giants beat the Dallas Cowboys, 37-34. His second touchdown set the Giants' franchise record for rushing scores.
- Seattle Seahawks running back MARSHAWN LYNCH rushed for 115 yards and a touchdown on 23 carries in a 30-13 win over the St. Louis Rams.
Join other diehard Giants Fans! Follow @Giants
Also be sure to Like the Giants on Facebook
Add us to your Google Plus Circle
Download the FREE GIANTS MOBILE APP by texting "Giants" to 51288 or by visiting iTunes, Android MarketPlace, Blackberry App World!