1) Heads up. Players may have been expecting some backlash follwing the poor performance against Washington when they walked into the facility this week, but Tom Coughlin did none of that (especially with a shortened schedule). The message this week was keep your heads up, you control your fate, and embrace the spirited time of the year.
2) Win the physical battle. That's the nature of the game, and the Jets will try to establish the run early.
3) Ignore the season of giving. The Jets hold the rare mark as the AFC team with the most turnovers and takeaways, breaking even with 28 of each. Mark Sanchez has 20 of his own (13 INT, 7 fumbles). Big Blue needs to take as much as they can and give as little as possible on Christmas Eve.
3) Make them drive. The Jets lead the league in kickoff return yards and have seven over 40 yards. Special teams will be key. Kick deep and pin them back on punts.
4) Disrupt Sanchez. He likes to get the ball out as quickly as possible. Be prepared for the quick play action.
5) Identify and communicate. The Jets will be bringing a lot of exotic blitzes and packages. The Giants will hope they studied enough to quickly recognize the personnel on the field and limit confusion on defense.
6) Lay the hammer on third down. Even when the Giants defense gets their opponents to third-and-long, Coughlin is still holding his breath. Nothing is more frustrating than giving up a long third-down conversion, which happened often last week. Wrap up.
7) "Mele Kalikimaka" from Revis Island. Eli Manning will have to take some shots at the heralded corner. Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz will have to be disciplined and physical to have success.
8) Embrace the "road" game. The Giants have relished being on the road this season. They approached this week as if they are truly the away team, starting with artificial crowd noise at practice.
9) Veterans need to come up big.Rookie Prince Amukamara drew a lot of heat last week, but he didn't have a training camp and missed the first act of the season with an injury. No excuses for the veterans on Saturday.
10) Talk is cheap, play the game. Happy Holidays.
Hit the follow botton to join the Giants community! Follow @Giants