CBS Sports names Giants' rookie class as most impactful
The Giants emerged from last month's NFL Draft with 11 players.
Experts were high on Big Blue's draft class, handing out plenty of high marks for the team's 11 selections.
CBS Sports' Chris Trapasso recently ranked his 10 most impactful draft classes, where the Giants' landed all the way at the top of the list at No. 1.
The NFL Draft analyst highlighted several of the team's draft picks, including OLB Kayvon Thibodeaux, OT Evan Neal, OL Joshua Ezeudu, and LB Micah McFadden.
In terms of the team's first two picks, Trapasso states, "Neal at No. 7 overall? Steal City. There's even a legitimate argument the Giants got a bargain with Thibodeaux at No. 5."
The analyst went on to call fifth-round pick Micah McFadden the "sleeper impact type" and "a tackling machine" at Indiana, while mentioning how Ezeudu could see time at multiple positions during his rookie season.
Here are all 11 of the Giants' picks:
- Round 1, Pick No. 5 - Kayvon Thibodeaux, EDGE, Oregon
- Round 1, Pick No. 7 - Evan Neal, OT, Alabama
- Round 2, Pick No. 43 - Wan'Dale Robinson, WR, Kentucky
- Round 3, Pick No. 67 - Joshua Ezeudu, OL, North Carolina
- Round 3, Pick No. 81 - Cor'Dale Flott, CB, LSU
- Round 4, Pick No. 112 - Daniel Bellinger, TE, San Diego State
- Round 4, Pick No. 114 - Dane Belton, S, Iowa
- Round 5, Pick No. 146 - Micah McFadden, LB, Indiana
- Round 5, Pick No. 147 - D.J. Davidson, DT, Arizona State
- Round 5, Pick No. 173 - Marcus McKethan, OL, North Carolina
- Round 6, Pick No. 182 - Darrian Beavers, LB, Cincinnati
Get your first look at the newest Giants as they hit the practice field at rookie minicamp.
OTA Report (5/17): Rookies flash their skills
Organized Team Activities continued on Tuesday at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center.
Day 2 of OTAs saw several young players make some great plays.
Here are Tuesday's practice notes:
*Wide receiver Wan'Dale Robinson has displayed a quick twitch during OTAs. The rookie is already a frequent target of Daniel Jones, as the two connected on several passes during 11-on-11 drills, including a sideline grab for a sizeable gain. Robinson is extremely quick in getting to the outside with his cuts and will be a tough matchup for defenders.
*Rookie linebacker Darrian Beavers broke up a pass in coverage. The rookie sixth-round pick saw a lot of time in coverage last season at Cincinnati, dropping back on 325 snaps, according to Pro Football Focus (PFF).
*Speaking of pass breakups, Kayvon Thibodeaux made a nice play to tip a pass at the line of scrimmage, and the ball landed in the hands of Xavier McKinney, who returned it the other way.
Catch up on all the action with photos from OTA No. 2 at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center.
Inside the Film Room: OLB Kayvon Thibodeaux's speed off the edge
Check out the video below to view Bob Papa and Super Bowl champion Shaun O'Hara break down the film of outside linebacker Kayvon Thibodeaux.