Photos of LB Jasper Brinkley's career with the Cowboys and Vikings
- Originally selected by Minnesota in the fifth round (150th overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft, linebacker Jasper Brinkley started 33 of 79 career games in four seasons with the Vikings (2009-10, 2012, 2014) and one with the Cardinals (2013). For his career, he has posted 248 tackles and 32 special teams stops.
2. Brinkley most recently signed with the Cowboys as a free agent in March and was released by the team on Monday. Brinkley played in all four of Dallas' preseason games this year, recording 13 tackles and a sack.
- After spending the 2011 season on injured reserve with a hip injury that he suffered in the preseason, Brinkley returned in 2012 and recorded a career-high 99 tackles while starting 15 of 16 games. He also played in three total postseason games with the Vikings.
- In 2014, Brinkley returned to Minnesota after spending 2013 in Arizona and started 11 of the 16 games he played. He finished the season with 85 tackles, two for losses, a sack, a forced fumble and a blocked punt.
- A native of Thomson, Ga., Brinkley started all 30 games he played at the University of South Carolina after spending two years at Georgia Military College. He earned second-team All-SEC honors as a senior. Brinkley prepped at Thomson High School, picking up all-state honors while also playing on the basketball and baseball teams.