The Giants have signed OL Adam Gettis
Here are five things you need to know about the Giants' new offensive lineman:
1. Originally a fifth-round selection (141st overall) by the Washington Redskins in the 2012 NFL Draft, Gettis comes to the New York Giants from the Pittsburgh Steelers' practice squad.
- Gettis, 6-2, 305, has played in 13 career games -- all in 2013 with Washington -- with no starts.
- Released by the Redskins on Aug. 25 after playing three preseason games, Gettis was signed to the Steelers' practice squad on Oct. 15.
- A native of Frankfort, Ill., Gettis played college football at Iowa, where he was second team all-Big Ten in 2011, his final season. Gettis started his college career at left guard but switched to the right guard for his final two seasons, starting 13 games there for the Hawkeyes in 2011.
- He prepped at Lincoln Way East High School, where he recorded 29 tackles and eight QB sacks in two years as a defensive lineman. He also played on the offensive line, amassing 149 pancake blocks, including a career-high 69 as a senior at both center and tackle.