*The Giants report back to the Quest Diagnostics Training Center for the offseason workout program: *
The New York Giants report to the Quest Diagnostics Training Center today for the start of their offseason workout program, a nine-week stretch intended to provide training, teaching and physical conditioning for players.
Each club's official, voluntary nine-week offseason program is conducted in three phases:
• Phase One consists of the first two weeks of the program with activities limited to strength and conditioning and physical rehabilitation only.
• Phase Two consists of the next three weeks of the program. On-field workouts may include individual player instruction and drills as well as team practice conducted on a "separates" basis. No live contact or team offense vs. team defense drills are permitted.
• Phase Three consists of the next four weeks of the program. Teams may conduct a total of 10 days of organized team practice activity (OTAs). No live contact is permitted, but 7-on-7, 9-on-7, and 11-on-11 drills are permitted.
The Collective Bargaining Agreement also stipulates that clubs may hold one mandatory minicamp for veteran players during Phase Three.
Below is a look at the Giants' dates.
• First Day: April 18
• OTA Offseason Workouts: May 22-23, May 25, May 30-31, June 2, June 5-6, June 8-9
• Mandatory Minicamp: June 13-15
The Giants hit the weight room on the first day of offseason workouts