DAVID BINN (SD), DERRICK BROOKS (TB), KEITH BULLUCK (TEN, NYG); WAYNE CHREBET (NYJ); ROGER CRAIG (SF, LA RAIDERS, MIN); COURTNEY HALL (SD), JEVON KEARSE (TEN, PHI); JOE KLECKO (NYJ, IND); JAMES LOFTON (GB, LA RAIDERS, BUF, LA RAMS, PHI); SHAUN O'HARA (CLE, NYG); CHAD PENNINGTON (MIA, NYJ); MIKE RUCKER (CAR)
• More than 600 local children
• USA Football Coaches and Under Armour Combine Coaches
• Health, Equipment and Hydration Experts from the Korey Stringer Institute; New York Giants; Rawlings; Riddell; and Schutt
Players will team with local youth to help kids stay active for 60 minutes a day, as part of the NFL PLAY 60 youth health and fitness campaign. Students will learn NFL FLAG drills from USA Football coaches and participate in drills with players.
NFL PLAY 60 partners GMC, HOPSports, Kinect for Xbox 360, National Dairy Council, Quaker Oats and Under Armour will be on-site as part of their ongoing commitment to motivate youth and families to get up, be active and choose wholesome foods. Each youth group participating in the Youth Football Festival will receive an Xbox 360 console with Kinect and four Kinect games to add to their fitness education curriculum. Quaker Oats, the presenting sponsor of the NFL PLAY 60 Super Bowl Contest, will officially launch the contest at the youth football festival and serve breakfast to the kids in attendance.
Helmet-makers Rawlings, Riddell and Schutt will host helmet-fit demonstrations, and the Korey Stringer Institute will educate students on the importance of hydration. Medical staff from the New York Giants will educate kids on important concussion awareness information.
The NFL PLAY 60 Youth Football Festival is one of several events taking place throughout the New York area during Kickoff week. Other events include the NFL Back to Football Run in Central Park, an NFL PLAY 60 community refurbishment project with United Way at the Children's Aid Society in Harlem and a Kickoff concert featuring Mariah Carey and No Doubt that will take place in Rockefeller Center prior to the Cowboys-Giants game.
As part of the NFL's Back to Football campaign, schools nationwide will demonstrate their team pride during Kickoff week. The Back to Football campaign will celebrate and recognize 34 PLAY 60 Super Schools across the country for their team pride and commitment to NFL PLAY 60 later this season.
Tuesday, September 4 & Wednesday, September 5
*Full schedule of player availability below
Chelsea Waterside Park/11th Avenue between 23rd and 24th Street
Clare Graff, NFL, 212-450-2435 firstname.lastname@example.org
FULL CLINIC SCHEDULE:
• Clinic #1, 10:05-11:05 a.m. - Courtney Hall, Joe Klecko
• Clinic #2, 11:20 a.m.-12:20 p.m. – Jevon Kearse, Mike Rucker
• Clinic #3, 12:35-1:35 p.m. – Shaun O'Hara, Jevon Kearse
• Clinic #4, 1:50-2:50 p.m. – Courtney Hall, Shaun O'Hara
• Clinic #1, 10:05-11:05 a.m. – David Binn, James Lofton
• Clinic #2, 11:20 a.m.-12:20 p.m. – Derrick Brooks, Wayne Chrebet
• Clinic #3, 12:35-1:35 p.m. – Derrick Brooks, Keith Bulluck
• Clinic #4, 1:50-2:50 p.m. – Roger Craig, Chad Pennington
*Player appearances are subject to change.