- Win the line of scrimmage.** The Redskins go as far as their blocking does. That's their strength, and the Giants need to win the trenches to come out with a victory.
Giants.com breaks down the team's Week 13 opponent...
Click here for Know Your Opponent](http://www.giants.com/photos/photos/Know-Your-Opponent-Washington-Redskins/f84a4531-a2d6-49fc-bffe-5167d7046e67) 2. Capitalize.The Giants took two trips inside the opponent's 10-yard line last week and came away with field goals, which proved costly in a tight divisional game.
3. Poise in the noise. The Giants lost their composure a few times last week, resulting in 11 penalties. They will need to limit, or preferably eliminate, those errors in critical moments on the road against another NFC East rival.
4. Gap control.
The Redskins have a lot of options behind the line of scrimmage, starting with their quarterback Robert Griffin III. Discipline is key.
5. Execute. The Giants are missing four players who have started for them this season because of injuries: RB Brandon Jacobs, DE Jason Pierre-Paul, CB Trumaine McBride, and CB Corey Webster. The Giants can't afford any breakdowns.
6. Don't make it easy for them. The Giants have allowed nine touchdowns this season on interception, fumble, and punt returns alone.
7. Run early. The Giants lost their (second) starting center Jim Cordle this week to injured reserve. The offensive line will have yet another configuration this week. Get the linemen into a rhythm early.
8. Stop the run. Washington is especially dangerous with the play action. Make the Redskins one-dimensional.
9. Win third down. This applies to both sides of the ball. But for the defense, it stood up all game until the Cowboys' final drive when they were able to move the chains and win the game. Meanwhile, the Giants offense will be going up against complicated third-down packages against the Redskins.
10. Protect Eli.Tackles Will Beatty and Justin Pugh will have a big test against Washington's two outside linebackers Ryan Kerrigan and Brian Orakpo, who each have 6.5 sacks.