Giants vs. Bucs numbers heading into Monday Night Football
Here are some stats and numbers heading into the Week 8 matchup between the New York Giants and Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Monday Night Football.
- The Giants lead the all-time series 16-7
- The Giants have won 6 of the past 7 meetings
- In their last meeting in Week 3 of the 2019 season, the Giants won 32-31 in Daniel Jones' first career start.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Leaders
- Last Week: W 45-20 at Las Vegas
- Coach vs. Opp: Bruce Arians: 2-1
- Points For/Against: 31.7 / 20.3
- Offense: 371.9 yards per game
- Passing: Tom Brady: 176 for 268 (65.7 percent), 1,910 yards, 18 touchdowns, 4 interceptions
- Rushing: Ronald Jones: 110 rushes for 506 yards, 4.6 yards per carry, 4 touchdowns
- Receiving: Mike Evans: 25 receptions for 318 yards, 12.7 yards per reception, 6 touchdowns
- Defense: 291.3 yards allowed per game
- Sacks: Jason Pierre-Paul: 5.5 sacks
- INT: Carlton Davis: 3 interceptions
- Take/Give: +5 (12/7)
- Punting (Net): Bradley Pinion 44.8 yards (41.4 net)
- Kicking: Ryan Succop: 58 (25/26 PAT, 11/13 FG)
New York Giants Leaders
- Last Week: L 22-21 at Philadelphia
- Coach vs. Opp: Joe Judge: 0-0
- Points For/Against: 17.4 / 24.9
- Offense: 282.4 yards per game
- Passing: Daniel Jones: 143 for 231(61.9 percent), 1,410 yards, 5 touchdowns, 7 interceptions
- Rushing: Daniel Jones: 31 carries for 296 yards (9,5 yards per carry), 0 touchdowns
- Receiving: Darius Slayton: 27 receptions for 429 yards, 15.9 yards per reception, 3 touchdowns
- Defense: 356.3 yards allowed per game
- Sacks: Kyler Fackrell, Leonard Williams: 3 sacks
- INT: James Bradberry: 3 interceptions
- Take/Give: -4 (9/13)
- Punting (Net): Riley Dixon: 44.8 yards (41.2 net)
- Kicking: Graham Gano: 54 (9/9 PAT, 15/16 FG)
- QB Tom Brady passed for 369 yards & 4 TDs vs. 0 INTs for 127 rating & had 24th-career rush TD last week. Has 94 career games with 300+ pass yards, 2nd-most in NFL history. Aims for his 5th in row vs. NYG with 325+ pass yards. Has 12 TDs (10 pass, 2 rush) vs. 2 INTs for 103.1 rating in 4 road starts this season.
- RB Ronald Jones had rush TD last week. Aims for his 3rd in row with rush TD. Had 121 scrimmage yards (80 rush, 41 rec.) in last meeting. Ranks 4th in NFL with 506 rush yards this season. RB Leonard Fournette had 6 receptions & 97 scrimmage yards (50 rush, 47. rec.) last week.
- WR Mike Evans had 8 receptions for 190 yards & 3 TDs in last meeting. Has 120+ rec. yards in 3 of his 4 career games vs. NYG. Aims for his 4th in row vs. NYG with TD catch & 5th in row vs. NYG with 5+ receptions. Has rec. TD in 3 of his past 4 on road. WR Scotty Miller set career highs with 6 receptions for 109 yards & had 3rd-career rec. TD. TE Rob Gronkowski aims for his 3rd in row with TD catch. Aims for his 3rd in row vs. NYG with 5+ catches, 100+ rec. yards & rec. TD.
- LB Lavonte David aims for his 4th in row vs. NYG with 8+ tackles. LB Devin White had 11 tackles, career-high 3 sacks & 4th-career FF last week. Aims for his 3rd in row with 10+ tackles & sack. LB Shaquil Barrett had career-high 4 sacks & 2 FFs in last meeting. Aims for his 3rd in row vs. NYG with sack. Rookie S Antoine Winfield had 1st-career INT last week. CB Carlton Davis aims for his 3rd in row on road with PD. Is 1 of 2 DBs (James Bradberry) with 11+ PDs (11) & 3+ INTs (3) in 2020.
- QB Daniel Jones passed for 2 TDs vs. INT for 91.9 rating & rushed for career-high 92 yards last week. Is 1 of 3 NFC QBs (Kyler Murray & Russell Wilson) with 500+ rush yards (575) since 2019. Passed for 336 yards & 2 TDs vs. 0 INTs for 112.7 rating & rushed for 2 TDs in last meeting, his 1st-career start.
- RB Wayne Gallman had 1st rush TD of season last week, his 4th career rush TD. RB Devonta Freeman has 679 scrimmage yards (84.9 per game) & rush TD in 8 career games vs. TB. Aims for his 3rd in row on MNF with 190+ scrmmage yards & TD.
- WR Sterling Shepard had 6 catches for team-high 59 yards & rec. TD last week, his 1st TD catch of season. Has 7 catches for 100 yards & TD in last meeting. WR Darius Slayton has 3 rec. TDs in 3 home games this season. Aims for his 3rd in row on MNF with 5+ catches, 100+ rec. yards & 2+ rec. TDs. WR Golden Tate had 1st TD catch of season last week. Had 85 rec. yards & TD catch in his last game vs. TB (12/10/17 w/ Det.). TE Evan Engram had 6 catches in Week 7. Has 6 catches for 113 yards & TD in last meeting. Aims for his 4th in row vs. TB with 60+ rec. yards.
- LB Blake Martinez ranks 2nd with 73 tackles this season. DL Dexter Lawrence had sack last week. Had sack in last meeting. CB James Bradberry aims for his 3rd in row with INT. Had 11 tackles, 4 PD & 2 INTs in his last game vs. TB (10/13/19 w/ Car.). DB Logan Ryan had sack, INT & FF in his last game vs. TB (10/27/19 w/ Ten.). S Jabrill Peppers had 2nd-career sack in Week 7.
View photos of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers starters ahead of the Week 8 matchup, based on their unofficial depth chart.
Giants practice with more intensive protocols
Logan Ryan has played in 131 NFL regular-season and postseason games, which means he has participated in many hundreds of practices. But today the eight-year veteran experienced a practice first – he wore a mask.
"(It was) not too comfortable, but this is 2020," Ryan said in a post-practice Zoom call. "A lot of things we have to adjust for, a lot of curveballs. I'm not complaining, got the best job in the world. I got used to it pretty quickly."
Giants players were required to wear masks as part of the more intensive protocols mandated by the NFL after guard Will Hernandez was today placed on the Reserve/COVID-19 list. The Giants practiced in a downpour as they began preparing for their game Monday night against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
The new protocols include a mandate that meetings must be conducted virtually unless they are in an area large enough to allow social distancing.
The Giants, like all teams, are used to such requirements and are unfazed by them.
"So far, everything has been normal," Ryan said. "Practiced out there on the field, meeting as normal. How we have to adjust is just what the NFL protocols will be. I wasn't here in the spring, but I am familiar with the Zoom app, I am a millennial. I'll turn it on and make sure my kids aren't doing backflips. I'll have to mute myself a little bit. I'll be super locked in. It's important, it's a big game. It's Tom Brady and the crew coming to town. I'll definitely be in the meetings, prepared and ready to go."
Jabrill Peppers Mic'd Up: 'Let's ride, D!'
Giants.com recently mic'd up safety and special teams co-captain Jabrill Peppers for a game. Check out the video below to hear what Peppers sounds like during the game.