The Giants have signed DB Trevin Wade to a Reserve/Future contract
- Originally a seventh-round compensatory pick (245th overall) by the Cleveland Browns in the 2012 NFL Draft, Wade played 13 games as a rookie before being released prior to the start of the 2013 season.
The New Orleans Saints signed him to their active roster late in the 2013 season and to the practice squad in early 2014 before waiving him on Sept. 17.
- In 15 career regular-season games, Wade has 17 tackles, two passes defended, and seven tackles on special teams. He also has two tackles in two postseason appearances with the Saints.
- Measurables: 5-foot-11, 190 pounds, 25 years old.
- Wade was a four-year letterman at the University of Arizona (2008-11), where he started 35 of his 50 career games and totaled 180 tackles, 12 interceptions and one forced fumble. He finished eighth in school history with 28 passes defended. He also returned two interceptions for touchdowns.
- Wade attended Stony Point (Round Rock, Texas) High School, where he also played quarterback, running back, and receiver. He earned first-team Texas All-District 14-5A honors as a defensive back and doubled as All-Purpose on offense in 2006. He played receiver in the Lone Star Arena Football Classic for central Texas stars in February 2007, featuring spread-style play. Wade gained 1,500 yards throwing, running and receiving, and had 23 tackles as a safety.
These players have been signed for reserved/future contracts