Last Updated: October 23, 2018
You generally are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit the Services. However, we may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you register with our Services, sign up for contests or sweepstakes, use a send-to-a-friend feature, participate in surveys, access various content or features, submit comments or content, or directly contact us with questions or feedback:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, and telephone number;
- Unique identifiers, such as a username or password;
- Demographic information, such as gender;
- Financial information, such as credit card or other payment information;
- Communications preferences;
- Search queries;
- Comments and other information posted in our interactive online forums;
- Correspondence and other information that you send to us; and
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
We also may collect certain information automatically when you visit the Services, including:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers;
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting the Services;
- Pages you view and links you click on within the Services;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, local shared objects, and other technologies;
- Information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were received, opened, or forwarded; and
- Standard Server Log Information including request date/time, page requested, HTTP code, bytes served and referrer.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you and to improve marketing, analytics, and site functionality.
Use of Information
We may use information that we collect through the Services for a variety of purposes, including:
- To provide you with the products, promotions, services, newsletters, and information you request and respond to correspondence that we receive from you;
- To contact you via email and otherwise about your account, products, services, contests, and events that we think might be of interest to you;
- To send you promotional material or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties.
- To maintain or administer the Services, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Services, and other products and services we offer;
- To publish stories, comments, photos, and other information posted in our interactive online features;
- To send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running;
- To customize and personalize your use of the Services; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Sharing of Information
- Service Providers: We may share your information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf, such as to host the Services, fulfill orders, provide products and services, manage databases, perform analyses, process credit card payments, provide customer service, or send communications for us.
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates: We may share your information with all members of the NFL Family, including, without limitation, NFL Properties LLC, NFL International LLC, NFL Enterprises LLC, NFL Ventures, L.P., and NFL Ventures, Inc.
- Select Business Partners: With your permission, we may share your information with select business partners so that they can provide you with special offers, promotional materials, and other materials that may be of interest to you. For example, you may be presented with an opportunity to have certain information shared with our third party business partners when you enter a contest or sweepstakes or elect to receive marketing offers or other information. If you do not elect to have your information shared, it will not be shared with such third parties. We take measures to help ensure that our partners protect the confidentiality, integrity, and security of any information we share with them. However, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of our business partners, which may use your information for their own purposes.
- Third Party Ad Serving: We may use third parties to serve advertisements on the Services. These third parties may set their own cookies or similar web technologies to collect information about users’ online activities over time and across different websites. To manage your preferences you may opt out here: http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/. Please note you will continue to receive generic ads.
- Business Transfer: If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, a business reorganization, or similar event, we may transfer your information as part of such transaction. You will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our website of any changes in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- Interactive Features: We may share information with third parties when you post a message, information or photo to a user profile or a public area of the Services, such as a chat room, forum, blog, or other community tool. If you post to these interactive features, it will be publicly available and you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties. We cannot ensure that parties who have access to such information will respect your privacy. Please exercise caution when using these features.
- Other Parties With Your Express or Implied Consent: We may share information with third parties when you consent to such sharing. For example, if you win a contest or sweepstakes, we may ask your permission to publicly post certain information on the Services identifying you as the winner.
- Aggregate Information: We may share aggregate information, such as demographic and usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors or other organizations.
In addition, we may allow third parties to place and read their own cookies, web beacons, local shared objects, and similar technologies to collect information through the Services. For example, our third party service providers may use these technologies to collect information that helps us with traffic measurement, research, and analytics.
Social Networking Services
Links to Other Websites
We may send you push notifications from time to time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level.
We collect your location based information for the purpose of locating a place that you may be searching for in your area, or for other purposes. We will only share this information with our mapping provider for the sole purpose of providing you this service. We may share your geolocation data with third parties for the purpose of them serving you ads for places (such as restaurants) in your area. If you do not wish to allow us to share your information in this manner please opt-out by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may opt-out of location based services at any time by editing the setting at the device level or by emailing us at email@example.com.
We may work in conjunction with third party partners who may use technologies such as geofencing and beacons to identify fans attending a game, and contact fans via an in-app feature in order to provide you will way-finding or offers that relate to your presence in a particular location, such as MetLife Stadium. To opt-out of geofencing, you may disable the app’s location permissions on your device.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile applications on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile application.
Access, Choice and Retention
Upon request the Giants organization will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. If your information changes, or if you no longer desire to use the Services, you may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by signing into your account and making the required changes, by emailing our Customer Support at Nilay.Shah@Giants.NFL.net, or by contacting us by postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
You may choose to receive promotional emails, newsletters, and similar communications from us. You may opt out of receiving commercial emails from us by clicking on the opt-out or “unsubscribe” link included in the commercial emails you receive. Please note that opt-out requests may take up to 10 days to be effective. Your opt-out request will not apply to messages that you request or that are not commercial in nature. For example, we may contact you concerning any purchases you have made with us, even if you opt out of receiving unsolicited commercial email messages.
We have adopted security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access to the information you provide to us. For example, if we collect financial information, we will use encryption software to help protect this information when it is in transit. Please note, however, that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to the Services and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information.
The Services do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13. If we are made aware we have collected personal information from a child under 13 years old in a manner that is inconsistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), we will delete this information as soon as possible.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In some cases, third parties may be able to collect information about a user’s online activities over time and across different websites when he or she uses our Services.
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, we currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a final standard is established and accepted, we will reassess how to respond to these signals.
Please note that the Services are directed towards users who reside in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information in and to the United States, or other countries and territories, pursuant to the laws of the United States. While some of these countries may not offer the same level of privacy protection as your own, we commit to uphold the privacy protections as explained in this Policy.
New York Football Giants, Inc.
1925 Giants Drive, East Rutherford, NJ 07073
ATTENTION: Nilay Shah (201) 935-8111 x 1032; nilay.shah@giants.NFL.net
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) here.
To check the Giants’ status in TRUSTe's privacy certification programs, please click here.