2021 Pro Day schedule beginning to take shape
The NFL Combine has been held in Indianapolis every year since 1987, but due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the league has cancelled the event this year.
Instead of the traditional format, all on-field workouts will be conducted at on-campus Pro Days. The NFL is attempting to have as much uniformity in on-field drills as possible in order to allow teams to compare workouts from one school to another.
The first one took place this past Friday (February 12), as Clemson put together a Pro Day just for top quarterback prospect Trevor Lawrence.
Here are some of the other 2021 Pro Day dates that are already on the schedule, as well as players from NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremiah's top 50 draft prospect rankings at each school:
- Clemson: RB Travis Etienne (No. 17)
- North Dakota State: QB Trey Lance (No.11), OT Dillon Radunz (No.48)
- Pittsburgh: EDGE Patrick Jones II (No. 42)
- Georgia Tech
- Louisiana Tech
- West Virginia
- TCU: S Trevon Moehrig (No. 16)
- Colorado State
- Florida State
- Iowa: DT Daviyon Nixon (No. 35)
- Alabama: WR DeVonta Smith (No. 7), WR Jaylen Waddle (No. 8) CB Patrick Surtain (No. 15), RB Najee Harris (No. 22), QB Mac Jones (No. 33), DT Christian Barmore (No. 37), IOL Landon Dickerson (No. 44)
- Central Michigan
- Iowa State
- Michigan State
- South Carolina: CB Jaycee Horn (No. 25)
- North Texas
- Ole Miss: WR Elijah Moore (No. 43)
- Penn State: LB Micah Parsons (No. 9), EDGE Jayson Oweh (No. 27), TE Pat Freiermuth (No. 38)
- San Diego State
- Western Michigan
- Boston College
- BYU: QB Zach Wilson (No. 4)
- Michigan: EDGE Kwity Paye (No. 18), OT Jalen Mayfield (No. 24)
- South Dakota State
- Virginia Tech: CB Caleb Farley (No. 5), OT Christian Darrisaw (No. 28)
- Miami: EDGE Gregory Rousseau (No. 13), EDGE Jaelan Phillips (No. 19)
- Miami (Ohio)
- North Carolina: RB Javonte Williams (No. 34)
- Louisville: WR Tutu Atwell (No. 31)
- Washington: DT Levi Onwuzurike (No. 23), EDGE Joe Tryon (No. 32)
- Boise State
- Florida: TE Kyle Pitts (No. 3), WR Kadarius Toney (No. 20)
- Notre Dame: LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (No. 21), OT Liam Eichenberg (No. 49)
- Oklahoma State: OT Teven Jenkins (No. 30)
- South Florida
- Texas Tech
The 2021 NFL Draft kicks off April 29 in Cleveland, Ohio. The Giants hold the No. 11 overall pick.
NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah updated his ranking of the top 50 prospects in the 2021 NFL Draft for the final time before the start of the draft.
Giants waive WR Da'Mari Scott, DB Shakial Taylor
The New York Giants today waived wide receiver Da'Mari Scott and defensive back Shakial Taylor.
Scott had been with the team since he was awarded off waivers on July 24, 2019, one day after being released by the Buffalo Bills. He played in five games with two starts that season and caught two passes for Big Blue.
Taylor, who was also claimed off waivers from the Denver Broncos last year, originally came into the league with the Indianapolis Colts in 2019. He never played in a game with the Giants.
Re-live the most memorable moments and images from the first year of the Joe Judge era.