Mobile Reader Registration Game 2 Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
- Eligibility: This Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Dow Jones & Company, Inc., The New York Giants and their respective parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsor: Dow Jones & Company, Inc., 1211 Avenue of the Americas, New York, New York 10036. Prize Provider: New York Giants.
- Timing: The Sweepstakes runs from December 13th, 2009 at 8:20 p.m. New York City Time to December 14th,2009 at 12:00 a.m. New York City Time and from December 15th at 9:30 a.m. New York City Time ending on on December 16th, 2009 at 9:30 a.m. New York City Time (the "Promotion Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: To enter the Sweepstakes, during the Promotion Period, register as a user of the WSJ Mobile Reader. By properly completing this registration process, you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Maximum of one (1) entry per person and per email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
- Grand Prize Drawing: Sponsor's decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winner is final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Promptly, but in any event within 2 business days, after the end of the Promotion Period, Sponsor will conduct a random drawing from among eligible entries to select: ONE (1) potential Grand Prize winner. The potential winner will be notified by email. The potential winner (parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) may, if Sponsor requests, be required to sign and return to Sponsor, or otherwise legally acknowledge and accept, within one (1) business day of the date notice or attempted notice is sent (or within such longer period as Sponsor may allow it its sole discretion), a confirmation that he or she has read and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (and any other documentation required by Sponsor in its sole discretion) in order to claim his/her prize. If potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the requested confirmation, Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (or such other documentation as Sponsor may request) within the required time period, potential winner may, in Sponsor's sole discretion, be deemed to have forfeited the prize. Potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules; and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award the applicable prize to an alternate potential winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. The return of required documentation within the allotted time shall be the sole responsibility of the potential winner, and failure to return the documentation in a timely manner may result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for delays in delivery.
- Prize: ONE (1) Grand Prize, comprised of: (i) a trip for two (2) to the Minneapolis, Minnesota metropolitan area, and (ii) two (2) tickets in the New York Giants family section to the New York Giants vs. Minnesota Vikings game in Minneapolis on 1/3/10 (the "Game"). Trip package includes roundtrip coach-class airfare for two (2) from a Newark International Airport (or another airport approved by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to the Minneapolis metropolitan area; two (2) nights accommodations at the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis (single room, double occupancy) (or such other hotel as Sponsor or Prize Provider may determine in their sole discretion); airport and game transfers; Saturday evening cocktail party; pre-game catered tailgate party; and all associated hotel taxes (income and other taxes are responsibility of winner). The trip must be taken in conjunction with and at the time of the Game. Trip must be booked by winner through Big Blue Travel, the Prize Provider's travel service, at least 2 days prior to departure, or as otherwise instructed by Sponsor or Prize Provider at or around the time winner is notified. Travel must be roundtrip. Sponsor or Prize Provider will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by the airline carrier as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. Attendance at the Game is subject to the rules and regulations of the New York Giants and the Game venue. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Travel companion must be 18 years of age or older as of the date of departure (unless travel companion is the child of winner) and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. Travel companion or his or her legal guardian must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $1,700.00. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations, hotel rates and distance between departure and destination. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Sweepstakes prize depends on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. All prizes are awarded WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, without limitation.
- Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor's and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the Federal or State courts located in The City of New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
- Winner List: A winners list for this Sweepstakes is available by sending a self-addressed, stamped (with sufficient postage) envelope by 40 days after the end of the Promotion Period to: Mobile Reader Registration Game 2 Sweepstakes Winners List, c/o Dow Jones & Company, Inc., 1211 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036, Attention: Frances Cashin, 7th Floor.