NFL.com ranks the best upcoming Free Agents for the 2017 offseason:
NFL.com ranked the top 25 players set to become Unrestricted Free Agents.
Giants general manager Jerry Reese had a productive free agency period last year, and Reese thinks the Giants have enough resources to help the team for 2017.
In 2016, Reese and his staff orchestrated one of the most productive free agency periods in recent memory, beginning with the signing of Olivier Vernon, Damon Harrison and Janoris Jenkins. All three defenders helped turn around that side of the ball while earning All-Pro or Pro Bowl honors for the first time in their careers.
"Well, the guys that we brought in did a nice job, but it wasn't just them," Reese said at the end of an 11-5 season that produced the team's first playoff appearance since 2011. "It was guys that we have had on the team, guys that we have drafted, and it was a combination of a lot of things. It was all about the team here for us, but the guys that we brought in as free agents did a nice job for us."
Added Reese: "Obviously you can't do everything in one year, or one draft, or one free agency period. We have things that we can build on. We want to continue to build on every position and upgrade where we can, and build as strong a football team as we can, moving forward."
In between the NFL Scouting Combine (Feb. 28-March 6. and the 2017 NFL Draft (April 27-29), free agency will open on March 9. The Giants have 17 players set to become unrestricted free agents: eight on offense, seven on defense, and two specialists. Some will stay, some will go, and some new players will come with the inevitable roster turnover that happens every season in the league.
With that in mind, NFL.com ranked the top 25 players set to hit the market in free agency.
- RB Le'Veon Bell, Pittsburgh Steelers
- S Eric Berry, Kansas City Chiefs
- QB Kirk Cousins, Washington Redskins
- DT Kawann Short, Carolina Panthers
- OLB Chandler Jones, Arizona Cardinals
- WR Alshon Jeffery, Chicago Bears
- OLB Melvin Ingram, Los Angeles Chargers
- DE Calais Campbell, Arizona Cardinals
- DT Brandon Williams, Baltimore Ravens
- DE Jason Pierre-Paul, New York Giants
- OLB Jamie Collins, Cleveland Browns (UPDATE: re-signed)
- G Kevin Zeitler, Cincinnati Bengals
- CB Stephon Gilmore, Buffalo Bills
- CB A.J. Bouye, Houston Texans
- LB Dont'a Hightower, New England Patriots
- DT Dontari Poe, Kansas City Chiefs
- TE Martellus Bennett, New England Patriots
- WR DeSean Jackson, Washington Redskins
- WR Terrelle Pryor, Cleveland Browns
- G T.J. Lang, Green Bay Packers
- OLB Nick Perry, Green Bay Packers
- CB Trumaine Johnson, Los Angeles Rams
- S Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals
- OT Ricky Wagner, Baltimore Ravens
- S Barry Church, Dallas Cowboys
The following Giants are set to become Unrestricted Free Agents on March 9.