Originally a first-round (4th pick overall) draft choice by the Giants in 2020.
- Originally a first-round (4th pick overall) draft choice by the Giants in 2020.
- Thomas was the highest-drafted offensive lineman by the Giants since Ohio State's John Hicks was selected 3rd overall in 1974.
- Thomas played in 29 games with 28 starts at left tackle since being drafted in 2020.
- In 2021, Thomas started all 13 games at left tackle in which he played…Played 100% of the offensive snaps in each of the first 4 games…Part of an offensive line that did not allow a sack at New Orleans (10/3) and helped average the 4th-most yards per play (8.08) by a Giants team since the merger…Did not play at Dallas (10/10) due to an ankle injury…Played in 29 offensive snaps the Rams (10/17) before suffering an ankle injury and spent the next 3 weeks on injured reserve.
- Returned from injury at Tampa Bay (11/22) and caught a 2-yard touchdown pass from Daniel Jones to become the first Giants offensive lineman in the Super Bowl era to record a touchdown reception…Was one of 6 offensive linemen in the regular season to catch a touchdown…Started the next 7 games at left tackle and he did not allow a sack during that span…Blocked for running back Saquon Barkley, who became the first Giant to rush for 100 yards (102) on the season at Chicago (1/2).
- As a rookie in 2020, Thomas played in all 16 games with 15 starts at left tackle…Did not start vs. Washington (10/18) due to a coach's decision…Fellow rookie Matt Peart started in his place…Thomas played 976 of the team's offensive snaps (96.4%)…The offensive line helped the Giants exceed 100 rushing yards in 7 consecutive games from Oct. 18-Dec. 6, their longest streak since they hit the century mark in 9 straight games in 2010… Joined Shane Lemieux, Nick Gates, Kevin Zeitler and Cam Fleming as the Giants were the only NFL team to start the same offensive line combination in each of the season's final 9 games.
- When Thomas and defensive back Darnay Holmes played the first snaps on offense and defense, respectively, vs. Pittsburgh (9/14), it marked the 8th consecutive year at least one Giants rookie draft choice started the season opener.
- Thomas caught a pass from Jones for a successful 2-point conversion in the 4th quarter at Dallas (10/11), the Giants' first successful 2-point conversion since Nov. 10, 2019, when Jones threw a pass to Bennie Fowler…Thomas was the first player in NFL history whose listed position is on the offensive line to score on a 2-point conversion (which were instituted in 1994).
- - Started all 41 games in which he played in 3 seasons at Georgia – 15 at right tackle as a true freshman in 2017 and 13 at left tackle in both 2018 and 2019…Two-time first-team All-SEC (2018-19)…Freshman All-America…Second-team All-America in 2018, first-team All-America in 2019…A key player on Georgia teams that won 11 or more games in 3 straight seasons, won 3 consecutive SEC Eastern Division titles, and played in New Year's Six Bowl games 3 years in a row (2018 Rose, 2019 Allstate Sugar, 2020 Allstate Sugar)…Entered the NFL Draft after his junior season.
- As a junior in 2019, started at left tackle in all 13 games in which he played…Did not play in the Bulldogs' Sugar Bowl victory vs. Baylor…Walter Camp first-team All-America…Winner of the SEC's Jacobs Blocking Trophy, UGA's first recipient of the award in 21 years...Named one of 4 permanent team captains...Co-winner of Vince Dooley Offensive MVP, given at team's post-season awards gala...All-SEC first-team selection by the league's coaches and the AP...Semifinalist for the 2019 Outland Trophy...In 2018, moved to left tackle after the departure of Isaiah Wynn, a 2017 All-America and first-round draft choice of the New England Patriots…Started all 13 games in which he played…Named 2018 SI.com first-team All-America and Associated Press & Walter Camp 2nd team...Coaches All-SEC first team and Associated Press All-SEC 2nd team...As a true freshman in 2017, joined the first team early in preseason camp and started all 15 games at right tackle, including the national championship game vs. Alabama.
- Joined forces with New City Kids during the 2021 season to support their after-school programming for local low-income youth through the exploration of music and academics.
- Starred at Pace Academy in Atlanta…Selected to represent the East in the 2017 U.S. Army All-America Bowl…Was a 5-star prospect and consensus top-50 recruit…Named to Atlanta Journal-Constitution's 2016 Super 11 team in Georgia and Class AAA All-State offense…In 2015, helped Pace Academy to a 14-2 record and the Class AAA State Championship...Played both offensive tackle and defensive line, recording 59 tackles his senior season…Full name is Andrew Ken Thomas...Business major….Also played baseball and basketball and was a member of the school's concert band (plays the drums and piano)…Recipient of the Wayne McDuffie and Statesboro Bulldog Club scholarships…Hometown is Lithonia, Ga.
|1||@Titans||W 21 - 20||1||1|
|2||Panthers||W 19 - 16||1||1|
|3||Cowboys||L 16 - 23||1||1|
Offensive Line Career
|2020||New York Giants||16||15|
|2021||New York Giants||13||13|
|2022||New York Giants||1||1|