The Giants have signed TE Xavier Grimble as an Undrafted Free Agent. Here are Five things you need to know:
- NFL.com scouting report: Has a good frame for the position -- room to pack on bulk. Can work the middle of the field, take a hit and maintain possession. Good hands -- can extend to catch and is a reliable short-to-intermediate receiver. Has the look of a throwback with the ball in his hands -- rumbles downfield and is a load to bring down. Shows willingness as a blocker and potential to be functional with improved strength and technique.
- At USC, Grimble was a two-time honorable mention All-Pac-12 selection (2012-13), recording 69 catches for 731 yards and 11 touchdowns in his career. In 2013, he played in 13 games and made six starts. In 2012, he played in 13 games and started nine. In 2011, he played in 12 games and started seven after redshirting in 2010.
- Measurables: Height 6-4, Weight 257 lbs., Arm Length 33 5/8", Hands 10 ¼"
- His cousin, Barkevious Mingo, plays for the Cleveland Browns. Another cousin, Jalen Grimble, plays defensive line at Oregon State.
- A native of Las Vegas, his high school honors included Parade All-American, Under Armour All-American, Super Prep All-American, Prep Star All-American, Scout.com All-American first team, and All-Southwest District Offensive MVP as a senior tight end at Bishop Gorman High in Las Vegas (Nev.). He had 39 catches for 709 yards (18.2 avg.) with 9 TDs in 2009. Bishop Gorman went 15-0 and won the state 4A title in 2009. As a junior in 2008, he had 13 receptions for 310 yards (23.8 avg.) with 4 TDs. Bishop Gorman won the state title in his 2007 sophomore season. He also played basketball at Bishop Gorman.
Photos of USC TE Xavier Grimble who signed with the Giants as an undrafted free agent