Team also announces new season-long Spanish language Podcast 'La Esquina Gigante' hosted by Nestor Rosario and Francis Adames
EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ - September 19, 2022 - The New York Giants, in partnership with Your Local Ford Stores, today announced several activations to highlight and engage with the Latino fan base, including exclusive Spanish-language team content, community programming and gameday activations on October 16 when the Giants host the Baltimore Ravens at MetLife Stadium.
To kick off the partnership, Giants fans can enter for a chance to win a VIP gameday experience, including pregame field passes, to the October 16 game by visiting Giants.com/LosGigantes.
"We are thrilled to further expand our engagement with our Latino fan base in partnership with Ford. Our initiatives carry beyond Latino Heritage Month, and we look forward to building our relationships with our current Latino fan base, and creating new ones," said New York Giants Chief Business Officer, Pete Guelli.
"Your Local Ford Stores are proud to partner with the New York Giants in their efforts to further connect with and grow the Latino fan base. We are committed to making a difference in the community — and fostering a sense of inclusivity is part of that. That's why we're so excited to kick off these initiatives." said John Billard, Ford FDAF Chairman.
Your Local Ford Stores along with supporting sponsors PNC Private Bank and Dunkin' are proud to continue the New York Giants Latino Heritage Platform and will be integrated in the following Latino Heritage Platform Activations:
La Esquina Gigante
Suscríbete a "La Esquina Gigante" en tu plataforma de podcast favorita o disfrútalo cada semana en Giants.com, la aplicación de los Giants y YouTube.
Apple | Spotify | iHeartRadio
On October 16th, when the Giants host the Baltimore Ravens at MetLife Stadium, fans will be welcomed with several activations including:
• Sampling of Latino food, music, and entertainment on the plaza concourse with an autograph signing by a Giants Legend from 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
• Celebrity artist DJ Camilo will perform during pregame warmups from 11:30 a.m. –12:30 p.m. on the MetLife Stadium field and during select timeouts throughout the game.
• During a special on-field moment, the Giants will honor the San Miguel Academy (Newburgh, N.Y.) Rowing Program as a "Local Latino Achievement Award" for the difference the program has made helping students achieve in the community.
• Giants players and employees joined Ford team members for a day of service at Roberto Clemente Park in Paterson, N.J., a predominantly Latino community. The group will be joined by local youth football athletes from the Paterson Youth Football League to help clean up the park together.
• During the event, the Giants and Ford will also each announce a $5,000 donation to the Paterson Youth Football League.
• The Giants have launched "La Esquina Gigante" presented by Ford, which is a new weekly Spanish-language podcast hosted by the Giants Spanish radio team of Nestor Rosario (play-by-play) and Francis Adames (analyst). Each week the duo will preview and recap each Giants game, and include special guest appearances. "La Esquina Gigante" is available on podcast platforms and YouTube.
• In partnership with the NFL's El Snap, the Giants will develop social content throughout the season focused on Latino music, fashion and culture.
• WADO-1280 AM will continue to broadcast all Giants preseason, regular season, and any postseason games as the official Spanish-language flagship radio station of the New York Giants. Nestor Rosario (play-by-play) and Francis Adames (analyst) will continue to serve as the "Giants en Español" broadcast team.
Fans are encouraged to visit Giants.com/LosGigantes throughout the season for more information.
About Your Local Ford Stores
Your Local Ford Stores are based in New York, Connecticut, and New Jersey with 93 dealerships in the area. These Local Stores offer and service the full line of Ford trucks, SUVs, vans, and cars, as well as electrified passenger and commercial vehicles. The Ford Stores provide financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. As Ford is pursuing leadership positions in electrification, connected vehicle services and mobility solutions, Your Local Ford Stores help support our community through charitable efforts focusing on first responders, military personnel, youth initiatives and community revitalization projects. For more information regarding Ford Motor Company, its products or Ford Motor Credit Company, visit www.ford.com or www.BuyFordNow.com.