Here’s a look at the Eagles, Cowboys, and Redskins following the first week of the 2018 NFL season:
Philadelphia Eagles (1-0)
- The reigning Super Bowl champs are 1-0 after they took down the Atlanta Falcons, 18-12, last week on Thursday Night Football.
- Quarterback Carson Wentz was inactive for the game, and there is still no word on when he’ll come back.
- Neither team threw a touchdown pass in the game, as all three touchdowns were on the ground (two for Jay Ajayi, one for Tevin Coleman).
- Before the game, wide receiver Mack Hollins was placed on injured reserve with a groin injury.
- This week, Philadelphia takes on a Tampa Bay team that defeated New Orleans, 48-40.
Dallas Cowboys (0-1)
- Dallas is 0-1 as it fell to the Carolina Panthers, 16-8.
- Newly-acquired guard Parker Ehinger was placed on injured reserve on Friday. The Cowboys traded rookie cornerback Charvarius Ward to Kansas City in exchange for Ehinger just before the final preseason game.
- The Cowboys ran for 94 yards, with Ezekiel Elliot scoring the only touchdown.
- The offensive line allowed six sacks and a total of 10 quarterback hits.
- Dallas heads back home to take on the Giants in its home opener.
Washington Redskins (1-0)
- Washington started the season with a 24-6 win over the Arizona Cardinals, 24-6.
- Quarterback Alex Smith shined in his Redskins debut, completing 21 of 30 passes for 255 yards and two touchdowns
- Running back Adrian Peterson was named the starter and had a big day, running for 96 yards and a touchdown while also catching two passes for 70 yards. Fellow running back Byron Marshall was placed on injured reserve.
- Washington returns home this week to take on the Indianapolis Colts.