Here’s a look at the Eagles, Cowboys, and Redskins following the fifth week of the NFL Season:
Philadelphia Eagles (2-3)
- Philadelphia lost a close one, 23-21, to Minnesota on Sunday.
- Quarterback Carson Wentz went 24-of-35 for 311 yards and two touchdowns while tight end Zach Ertz led all recievers with 10 catches for 110 yards and a touchdown.
- Jay Ajayi was placed on injured reserve following the game as he suffered a torn ACL. The Eagles claimed defensive tackle T.Y. McGill off waivers from the Chargers.
- Inactives for the game included RB Darren Sproles, OT Jordan Mailata, OT Matt Pryor, QB Nate Sudfeld, DE Derek Barnett, OG Chance Warmack, and DT Haloti Ngata.
- The Eagles take on the Giants at MetLife Stadium Thursday night at 8:20 p.m.
View the starters for Thursday Night's game against Philadelphia
Dallas Cowboys (2-3)
- Dallas fell to Houston in the battle for Texas, 19-16, in overtime.
- Quarterback Dak Prescott struggled in the game throwing 18-of-29 for 208 yards with a touchdown and two interceptions. The Cowboys were only able to get 98 yards on the ground
- Cornerback Chidobe Awuzie left Sundays matchup with an ankle injury while linebacker Joe Thomas also left with a foot injury. The latter of the two will look to miss some time.
- Before the game on Sunday, the Cowboys placed center Travis Frederick on the non-football illness list (Guillain-Barré syndrome) and wide receiver Terrance Williams on injured reserve (foot injury).
- Inactives for the game included DT Maliek Collins, DT David Irving, LB Sean Lee, TE Dalton Schultz, OG Xavier Su’a-Filo, and QB Mike White.
- The Cowboys return home on Sunday to take on the Jaguars at 4:25 p.m.
Washington Redskins (2-2)
- Following a 43-19 loss to New Orleans, Washington still sits atop of the NFC East by half a game.
- Alex Smith struggled, going 23-of-39 for 275 yards and an interception, but rushed for a touchdown. The Redskins were only able to get 39 yards on the ground, but had two rushing touchdowns.
- In the game, running back Adrian Peterson left with a shoulder strain and running back Chris Thompson left with a rib injury.
- Inactives for the game included WR Josh Doctson, S Try Apke, RB Samaje Perine, CB Adonis Alexander, T Geron Christian Sr., LG Shawn Lauvao, and DL Caleb Brantley.
- The Redskins will return home on Sunday to take on the Panthers at 1 p.m.