Photos of DB Josh Gordy
DB Josh Gordy
1. Gordy enters his sixth NFL season in 2015, signing with the Giants as an unrestricted free agent after three seasons with the Colts (2012-2014) and one each with the Rams (2011) and Packers (2010). He was also on the Jaguars' offseason roster as an undrafted rookie out of Central Michigan in 2010.
- Including all 16 games last season, Gordy has played in 59 games with 11 career starts over five years, recording 99 tackles, five interceptions, 11 passes defensed and a sack. He has also played six postseason contests, all with Indianapolis. He has played cornerback, nickel corner and safety throughout his career.
- The 5-foot-11, 196-pound Gordy spent the 2011 season in St. Louis under head coach Steve Spagnuolo, who this year begins his second stint as the Giants' defensive coordinator. It was Gordy's most productive campaign, as he notched career highs at cornerback in starts (nine), tackles (43), interceptions (three) and passes defensed (five).
- Gordy was a member of the 2010 Packers team that won Super Bowl XLV over the Steelers.
- Born in Augusta, Ga., Gordy lettered three times in football and four times in track and was an all-state and all-area selection at Washington County High School before playing collegiately at Central Michigan. He finished his college career starting 45 of 47 games and totaling 212 tackles (134 solo), 37 passes defensed and 10 interceptions. His cousin, Robert Edwards, was a first-round draft choice of the New England Patriots in 1998.
LB Ryan Jones
Infographics of the Giants' free agent signings
- Originally an undrafted rookie out of Montana Tech in 2014, Jones signed with the Baltimore Ravens last May and was waived-injured the following month. He has yet to play in an NFL game.
- The 6-foot-4, 245-pound linebacker impressed teams at his Pro Day, where he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.68 seconds, bench pressed 28 reps at 225 pounds and had a 34-inch vertical jump.
- After two years at Sierra College, Jones notched 127 tackles, 10.5 sacks and an interception in two seasons a Montana Tech.
- As a senior in 2013, Jones recorded 83 tackles, 8.5 tackles for loss, five sacks and one interception for the Orediggers.
- A native of Reno, Nev., Jones prepped at Hug High School, where he was a second-team all-league defensive end.
Photos of the Giants 2015 official roster