Check out photos of LB Victor Butler
1. Originally selected by the Dallas Cowboys in the fourth round (110th overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft, Butler has played in 65 career games with two starts, recording 91 tackles, 11 sacks, and four forced fumbles.
2. Butler, 6-2 and 245 pounds, split the 2014 season between the Arizona Cardinals and most recently the Indianapolis Colts, who waived him on Nov. 26.
He played in just two games in 2014, both with the Colts.
3. Prior to last year, Butler joined the New Orleans Saints in 2013 but suffered a season-ending torn ACL in a collision with running back Mark Ingram during organized team activities.
4. The bulk of Butler's career was spent behind All-Pro outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer in Dallas, where he missed just one game in four seasons between 2009-2012.
5. Butler, who was originally drafted as a defensive end and converted to outside linebacker as a rookie by the Cowboys, appeared in 49 games at Oregon State, where he totaled 110 tackles (60 solo), 39.5 tackles for losses and 26 sacks. He ended his college career ranked second all-time in school history in sacks.
As a senior captain, he posted career highs in tackles (65), sacks (12, tied for school record) and tackles for a loss (school-record 21.5) while earning first-team All-Pac 10 honors.